I desperately need a 197 or an R27

Hi guys,

I've been looking for a couple of weeks now and have the cash ready to buy, but I cant decide what spec i need, and if i should go for the R27 instead of the standard car. I want every extra available but i'm struggling to find one that matches my needs. and is the ride in the R27 really as bad/backside breaking as i've read?

Cheers,

Richie

Welcome to the site. You might have your work cut out finding one with every option. What do you need the most?

welcome to the site. There was a black 197 with cup pack at the Ford garage just up the road from Kwik Fit in Lincoln when I drove past last week, it was on a stand. I have an R27 with everything on it, looking to sell around late January/early feb.

The ride is not back breaking at all imo. Yes it's firm, but in a nice positive way. If you hit a hole in the road, yes you will feel it, but not once have I thought it was uncomfortable. When you hit a bend at a decent speed and see how flat and controlled it feels, it is all worth it!

Good luck in your search. Xenons with corner lamps are a good choice. It makes the front end seem much more aggressive. Is there a particular colour you're after?

:welcome: to the site & good luck with finding one :smile:

Ask a stupid question, but have you looked in the for sale section on here? Not sure if there is one that matches your needs though lol!

That black one you posted the link up to seems a bit pricey to me. It is at a dealer though, so you can expect to pay more just for that.

I want the nimbus, albi or black. not fussed which one though.

I've had a look here in the sales but they dont quite meet the spec i'm after, hope i dont sound a bit needy! ha. i think ive looked at every one thats for sale on the internet, so i'll just have to wait and see if any more come up soon.

I was thinking it was a bit pricey, i've made a cash offer so i'll let him stew on that for a while

Welcome to the site matey. The black r27 does seem a bit steep in price but it is low mileage and if it's the exact spec you're after I'd go for it personally. Afterall as was said, if it's from a dealer the price is always going to be a bit higher.

That doesnt seem that bad a price to me. I bought mine on the same plate, with 21k miles. I paid a little bit more than that, but it had full cup pack (splitter/skirts/spoiler), xenons, folding mirrors etc etc. and full rsh. Your buying piece of mind from a dealer to a certain extent. Much more chance of sorting any niggles out, than buying private imo.

Your right to be picky anyway. Its a lot of money, and you dont want to drive around thinking 'i wish i got xenons/climate' etc!

Good luck with your search!

Similar Thread Suggestions