hub ball joint f**Ked!!

Hub carrier ball joint f**Ked!! Loads of play. Not sure if its inner or outer ball joint but gutted none the less cause these things cost a small fortune!!!!!

Last edited:
You can replace the hub carrier or you can replace the individual ball joints.

Ring 0208 540 7366 (R Sport),they can provide them individually. Renault won't sell them, they'll only sell you a whole hub carrier.

How long have you had the car?

Us twingo RS owners' ball joints go all the time and its quite a common thing so we can complain to RUK and get it under warranty.

And quite a few people's ball joints went under 20,000miles!

Reactions: Andyyox
9K when I had my 133. I bought it 2nd hand from Renault and sent it back within a week for that to be sorted!

I had this mate, luckly enough i got a breaks that was just taking it off a car, cos me £80, and it ha been fine ever since.

Also there is a write up on the megane forum of some dude replacing these

I had this mate, luckly enough i got a breaks that was just taking it off a car, cos me £80, and it ha been fine ever since.

Also there is a write up on the megane forum of some dude replacing these

meganes are different.....a far larger and proper "bearing" on the megane front hubs

thats probably why the clio one will wear due to the extra torque going through the front wheels

You can replace the hub carrier or you can replace the individual ball joints.

Ring 0208 540 7366 (R Sport),they can provide them individually. Renault won't sell them, they'll only sell you a whole hub carrier.

Cheers. Think I'm going with this. Also need steering rack.....you can guarantee that more power is going to expose any weaknesses in other components!!!!

I think Raptor6767 has recently changed his didn't he? He didn't buy the hub, only the ball joint, apparently it's a pain to replace though.

Need bottom ball joint, back bush on bottom arm and steering rack end joint. Can the bushes be replaced with units from Renaultsport?

I think Raptor6767 has recently changed his didn't he? He didn't buy the hub, only the ball joint, apparently it's a pain to replace though.

My mechanic said there were no problems - you just heat the hub and it remove the ball joint and insert the new one.

Need bottom ball joint, back bush on bottom arm and steering rack end joint. Can the bushes be replaced with units from Renaultsport?

2013-02-26165537.jpg

Changed the clutch & the slave cylinder (LUK) and the clutch pedal feels so soft that I thought it was broken. :smiley:
It now releases the clutch from the start and not from the end.

Brembo discs & Ferodo DS2500 - don't know what to say - did only 5km. Haven't bedded them in yet.

However - on Saturday I was playing with the brake servo and the vacuum hose and I think I have found the cause of my poor brake performance in the last 4 years - the seals between the brake servo and the hose weren't good so I have sealed them. It seems that the brakes bite harder now from the start even with old pads/rotors (had them changed yesterday).

Lower ball joints - the old ones with 78kkm were terrible - now the car is transformed - one of the best spent 90€. You can see the travel that they have and the new ones have NONE.

DonjekugleClio197_1.jpg

[YOUTUBE]Y6ReF6ts-lk[/YOUTUBE]

Haven't changed the high beam Osram Night breaker bulbs, will do it today and set the beam.

Ahhh...good news ordered ball joint and rear wishbone bush from Renaultsport without having to replace the full units. Result!!!!

Hi

I have a similar issue as well... I have been advised by halfords that the hubs are currently on back order.

They have quoted £350 for the full hub to be replaced.

Is that a good price or would it be worth getting the part seperately and then getting a mechanic to fit it.

I also have a warrenty cover with Mapfire... would something like this not be covered under the warrent?