hub ball joint f**Ked!!

Done a few of these they are horrible to do pm me for hints & tips on this or any other jobs on 197s or 200s happy to help

Rang them today, great service and they're getting one sent out straight away

How much did the replacement ball joint cost mate? I've been advised by Renault that my near side lower front ball joint has slight play in it.

Looking to get it sorted sooner rather than later. I've been quoted £175 to replace with 12 months warranty by Aaron's Autos in Derby. Is this a good price?

I had mine delivered this morning just under £60 for lower joint top service from RS Paid for it Friday afternoon and arrived at 8.26 today :smile:

I needed a pair of the lower balljoints for MOT, I had looked on eBay etc and sourced some but thought I'd rather give business to RSport, got in touch with them yesterday morning and placed my order. Balljoints arrived this morning, superb service from RSport and by far the cheapest too! Not often we get overnight deliveries here to Northern Ireland so hats off to RSport :smile:

Anyone know of a place near York/Leeds who will fit these? Local garage wont do it! Got the ball joints already from Rsport and great quality...

Are the r sport ones like for like replacements or are they more durable?

is it safe to drive with that creaking noise until they get fixed? Left ball joint and right wheel bearing need changed on mine.

Are the r sport ones like for like replacements or are they more durable?

is it safe to drive with that creaking noise until they get fixed? Left ball joint and right wheel bearing need changed on mine.

They are not like for like... slightly different design and look a lot tougher. Think it has been mentioned before they were used for the clio cup series so they will also firm up the handling even more.

Worth jacking your car up to see how much play there is to see if it is safe to drive or not

Too many projects at the moment.

How much are they in the UK?

I own a car parts store and OCAP is one of the cheapest manufacturers and we DON'T RECOMMEND it.

These are the ones on my Clio at the moment.

I explicitly asked my friend that works as a claims tehnician at Renault Nissan Croatia will they fail given in mind they're OCAP and he told me not to worry. I hoped they made them harder because it's made for Alpina (race purpose O presumed).
Unfortunately, they didn't.

2013-02-21101726.jpg

DesnakuglaClio197_zps548df5e6.jpg

Me and Luke got them from R Sport and had our lowers done at 2Techs in Dartford.... Bloody good price and great service from both companies! Just make sure you take some extra cash because if you go to bluewater shopping centre Dartford you'll end up spending a small fortune! Ps Go to Bills for a posh breakfast!!

Last edited: