How's this price sound?

£400
For
2 conti sport contact 5 extra load

Fitting to front wheels, and the existing front tyres putting onto back wheels.
(I want to keep the wheels where they are as front left is curbed a little)

And tracking also.

Is 400 a good price.
It seems to be 150 each for Tyres. So that makes 100 for fitting, stripping rears and refitting and tracking.

Tarrr

RAPE RAPE! Stranger danger!!!!!

:wiz:

By which I mean no, i just paid £200 for two CS3s and will expect to pay no more than £15 for them to be fitted and balanced.

He said the contact 5 are 150 each.
Tracking is 40,
I asked for it tracking my steering wheel is a little off centre to the right.
So then that's 15 each for stripping and fitting.

That still bad?

Cheers Will.
That's a big saving.
I'm having trouble with places that will fit Tyres that's not bought from them, unless I go to a back street chav filled garrage that is.

The price was from ATS and he said he is buying them in at 132 odd.

To be honest fitting tyres isn't exactly a science, so back street places should be fine. I have had tyres changed at Gordon's Tyres in Wakey and they seemed fine with fitting (used) tyres that I provided.

Have you looked for recommendations on the mytyres site? They can usually arrange for them to be fitted somewhere local to you?

Fair doos.
I just don't want someone taking the paint off the wheel they denying it.
I'll look about the mytyre recommendations later on the comp.
Cheers for ya help matey.

No prob.

Friend of mine with a nice Merc E320CDi Sport used a place from mytyres, said they were a bit of a back street place but did a fine job.

...I got 2x CS5's for £245 including fitting, balancing etc from Protyre.....£400 seems a bit steep even with the extra work......

That is a lot of money for 2 tyres. You can get the best semi-slick/trackday tyres for less than £200 a tyre.

Dont you have a local mobile tyre fitter than can do the job? Thats what I usually do. Buy online and get the guy to come round to the house.

I'll have to have a look around then.

I'll find a mobile fitter n get a price.

Every place I've called want 380+
they all say the Tyres are 150.
Then an extra 15 quid per tyre for the swapping, plus 20 ish for tracking.

That price is rubbish mate. To further speculate........i got 4 conti 2's from tyretraders website and then gave the local tyre place some cash in hand for fitting :wink:

Whole lot inc fitting was £430. £50 of that for fitting.

Last edited:
I just found CS5s £111 each delivered to your door, I'd just get CS3s as I doubt there would any any difference and they're generally £5 cheaper.

Woody I'd love you to get me them half price mate lol.
And your stickers will be in the post soon (I've misplaced them....)

I live in Barnsley brightside.

I gave up a while back using online tyre places as most of the tyre garages around here charge the earth to get them fitted and balanced. I also used to drive a long way to get to Micheldever tyres who have great prices.. but then figured out I spent half the savings (and a couple of hours of my life) on going there.

Now, I just take it to a local place where a mates works - there's no discounts, but I know they'll look after my car and give me a good price.

Sometimes, lifes too short to run around to save £30 once a year. That said, sod paying £400 for two tyres!!

Rich

Yeh maz, I've had a look.
Mytyres seem cheaper on the 5s.

It would be 300 for them, but because I want it tracking and then all the tyree swapping round they said tracking is 40, so it's 15 quid a wheel for stripping, new valves and ballancing.

I might just go with contact 3s then I don't need the Tyres swapping from front to back. (I want to keep the actual wheels in the same place on the car)