How's this price sound?

Phone up a few local places and quote prices you've had elsewhere, tyre prices are very negotiable

Shop around mate, Have you tried buying online and getting them fitted??
I had a quote for 2x michelin pilot exaltos from kwik fit for a price of £380 LOL
Ended up at a local small place for £250 fitted.

Did that lol.
Called 5 places I think.
They all want 150 each for the Tyres.
And then 15 quid for stripping and refitting the other Tyres to the rear wheels.

So about 330 plus 40 for the tracking.
I got prices between 370 and 400.

I've had the tracking done now, so I'll be looking at a min of 330 from any reputable large company garage around here.

Have you tried camskill? They are a Cumbria based company but do orders via their website and phone.

I'll check them out Dan.

I was going for the 5s Luke as I've been reading they are a better tyre than the 3s, a newer mold I think so just basically an updated version on the 3.

I have 3 on the front now, and the back are a budget sunitrak or something and a yoko with a nail in it.

They were on the wheels when I bought them, so I was going to scrap those rears, put the 3s on the back and then 5s on the front.
I would get a full set of 5s but those 3s are basically new.

I'll have look at those maz, but I would rather get them from a place where I can just drive in and get them fitted and know they will not make a mess of my wheels like I've been reading kwik fit do.

IMO - Click the link i have given you above, get them put on the back if your front are basically new. Switching your "basically new" 3's to the back will only gain very minimal advantage if we are talking about "basically new" tyres.

Either that or switch the wheels round..........dont see why its so important to keep your rear wheels at the rear? As long as the tread is going the right way whats the harm in just switching them round!?

That's prob what I'll end up doing.

I want to keep the wheels in the same place as the front have a tiny big of kerbing from the previous owner.

I'll go with 3s this time and stick 5s all round when I need new ones.

Thanks for ya help guys, swayed me away from all the hassle of swapping n changing etc.

I'm changing my fronts, which are currently 3's, to 5's in a couple of weeks. I'm getting the 5's at £130 each fitted and balanced etc (which seems pretty good to me).
Anyway, what i found interesting was that when i was chatting to the bloke behind the counter he said that he could get the 5's in a couple of days but the 3's would take longer as they are gona stop production and there aint many around :/ not sure whether this was true or a ploy to get me to get 5's eventhough that's what i wanted.

I'd get 5's mate, they're meant to be a better tyre and (i may be confused) but i dont see how its any less ballache to get 3's.