197: How much would you pay for this car?!?

depends what your budget is - but over 7k = R27 money

s

Most i've looked at seem to be around 8k. And i'll be using this as my bargaining tool!

From what I can make out, it's pretty much a entry level Cup with the Recaro's being the only optional extra as well.

So we'll see!

Looks perfect :thumbsup:

The car and deal are almost identical to what I got/paid. Mine had another 2k miles on but had 12 month RAC warranty and it was bought from Co-op Renault in Mansfield.

Waiting for them to send me some pics.

Only thing that concerns me is the lack of cambelt change for a car of that year....

Hi, I just got my R27 2 weeks ago on a 57 plate. My cambelt is due in December but it didnt really put me off buying it. Just got to bite the bullet and pay out in December. Karl has an offer on at the mo for the parts needed.

Waiting for them to send me some pics.

Only thing that concerns me is the lack of cambelt change for a car of that year....

I'd offer to supply the parts and they fit them possibly?

It will only cost them the mechanic's hourly rate. Worth a try anyway.

What kind of mileage yours got? And what price? If you don't mind me asking?

@ Chris...

So 8k is probably on the money considering the mileage.

Nice one, cheers mate. Happy with it?

I called up about a LY one this morning but it was sold :worried:

happy with it?.........couldnt be happier mate, love everything about it. I called up for 3 197's and they were all sold then along came the R27, they advertised it on the Thursday and put a deposit down on the Saturday lol

I'm no expert but I'd say about 8k is about right as dealer "asking" price (check their warranty length & terms tho) Im sure theres room for negotiation if you played the mileage & cambelt card tho.

We recently bought our 1 owner, 20k,fully optioned up r27 (inc cup spoilers) for about that BUT, that was a private sale with the cambelt needing doing later this year, along with tax due next month.

Always gonna be more from a stealer, I know that.

I just want a decent warranty that'll cover the gearbox :wink:

I just want a decent warranty that'll cover the gearbox :wink:

Its probably been changed already (would have been done under warranty) that was one of my first questions when i initially emailed about ours to check revised version was in there. Needless to say, it had been changed.

If it hadn't have been, prob wouldn't have bought it.