Recomend a detailer in NW London?? Alos how much does one pay?

As above im near NW London, anyone know a good detailer i can book?

also how much is a decent price?
i see companies charge of £100 but with no mention of any waxing or protecting, seemed like just a standard clean which i can do myself.

just to give the car a good once over as i dont know if its ever been waxed and a general protection before the winter, just a good once over really.

Matt on here (MagicDetail) is one of the bet detailers in the land and he'd probably travel down to you at your cost. But it really depends what you want or need doing, £100 is very cheap for a "detail" that involves anything more in depth than a wash over and a bit of a wax. If you're willing to travel rather than the Detailer go to you then you've got a fair few options. Midlands Car Care have a very good reputation as well...

Matt on here (MagicDetail) is one of the bet detailers in the land and he'd probably travel down to you at your cost. But it really depends what you want or need doing, £100 is very cheap for a "detail" that involves anything more in depth than a wash over and a bit of a wax. If you're willing to travel rather than the Detailer go to you then you've got a fair few options. Midlands Car Care have a very good reputation as well...

the £100 was for a simple wash and clean, was not sure what they offering but did no see any wax or anything else begin used, the next quote they had was £260. don't think i want to travel for this, just rather find someone whom used someone local and can recommend.

Are you quite hands on yourself? I ask because you could pick up a clay bar, some decent polish and some decent wax for well under £100 and just lock yourself away for an afternoon and do it yourself, saving some pennies in the process. Clay can be quite daunting to use at first but it'll remove any wax/polish on the car already and allow you to see for yourself what the true condition of the paintwork is. Obviously polishing and waxing is simple enough to do, it's just time consuming.

Are you quite hands on yourself? I ask because you could pick up a clay bar, some decent polish and some decent wax for well under £100 and just lock yourself away for an afternoon and do it yourself, saving some pennies in the process. Clay can be quite daunting to use at first but it'll remove any wax/polish on the car already and allow you to see for yourself what the true condition of the paintwork is. Obviously polishing and waxing is simple enough to do, it's just time consuming.

might have to start investing in all the gear and get cracking, i was worried about the clay bit but i guess i can watch some you tube videos.

Honestly it's really easy, it's just a case of keeping the panels moist and getting your head around the idea of rubbing a chunk of clay across your bodywork that's the hard part hahaha!!! Most clay bars will come in a kit with a lube (oo-er) anyway, expect to pay around £15 for a kit.

Check out www.cleanyourcar.co.uk as they usually have a load of stuff on offer and also do sample pots on a lot of the polishes. I get most of my stuff from them and you collect loyalty points with each transaction that you can use to get money off future purchases. There's loads of other detailing shops about to be fair but they're probably the ones with the biggest range plus they have guides on there as well to download.

Honestly it's really easy, it's just a case of keeping the panels moist and getting your head around the idea of rubbing a chunk of clay across your bodywork that's the hard part hahaha!!! Most clay bars will come in a kit with a lube (oo-er) anyway, expect to pay around £15 for a kit.

Check out www.cleanyourcar.co.uk as they usually have a load of stuff on offer and also do sample pots on a lot of the polishes. I get most of my stuff from them and you collect loyalty points with each transaction that you can use to get money off future purchases. There's loads of other detailing shops about to be fair but they're probably the ones with the biggest range plus they have guides on there as well to download.

Amazing- will give this a go, thank you.

Polish - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/car-polish-compounds/sonus-sfx-2-enhance-polish/prod_44.html

Clay/Lube - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detai...ltra-fine-detailing-clay-sampler/prod_83.html

Shampoo - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/car-wash-shampoos/sonus-gloss-shampoo/prod_35.html

I'm a whore for Sonus stuff and everyone else will have their own favourite brand/products but I've used all of the above and won't use anything else now. All that adds up to a little over £30 and then you'd just need to pick a wax and some pads/microfibres to apply and remove the wax and polish with to get you started. You can spend a fortune though, it's a slippery slope!!! :smiley:

I'll be driving up to MCC when I get mine done. Worth the trek, their work looks quality and the price is very reasonable.

PM me if you fancy a quick drive up to see me in Luton for a wash, clay, machine polish and wax. And it wouldn't be anywhere near £200.