Pad recomendation

Looking to get new front pads but unsure what ones to go for.... looked at EBC and also Pagid Brake Pads, wondered if people had opinions on either

go standard or ds2500's both work great wouldn't go any EBC in my experience apart from maybe the new bluestuff ndx.

standard pads are good but you get lots of dust off them

ebc red = low dust and do work well - i have used them

ds2500 - work from cold (but on mine do feel a bit numb at first) and just get better the hotter they get - dust wise not as bad as standard i would say :thumbup:

It's all budget dependent but i would rather use OE than a basic aftermarket supplier

The pagid RS29 and RS19 are amazing pads used on several occasions but are very expensive , the ds2500 seem like they get great reviews .

i am keen to try some of the carbotech ones

First things first. Where are you gonna be using the car? Soley on the road, bit of road and track or soley track.

If just for road driving then I'd stick with standard tbh.

I use Pagid as a standard replacement and they're more than excellent. Even stand up to track use.

Brembo Sport pads are very good (Just started selling these), better than ds2500 IMO which are wooden and have no feel, at least until very hot, just before they go off.

if your not on track you wont generate the heat of prolonged and excessive repetitive use .

Standard FTW

go standard or ds2500's both work great wouldn't go any EBC in my experience apart from maybe the new bluestuff ndx.

Don't be put off by the EBC stuff, i've used them for the past 7/8 years on road and track without any problems.

I find the green stuff pad excellent for everyday use as the bite from cold is spot on.

I would go for the DS2500 as well. I really rated them on my Clio and as soon as the Meg is ready for some pads, thats what will be going on

if your not on track you wont generate the heat of prolonged and excessive repetitive use .

Standard FTW

ditto.

If you go for 'performance' pads on a road car all that will happen is you will never get them up to their ideal operating temperature.

Also the OE will be far better or as good as most cheap performance and after market pads.

If it is seeing the track I've used carbon lorraine, OMP, Ferodo DS's all to good effect.

Don't be put off by the EBC stuff, i've used them for the past 7/8 years on road and track without any problems.

I find the green stuff pad excellent for everyday use as the bite from cold is spot on.

green pads.....didnt think you could ge them for the 197 as they are only a "fast road" pad and given the 197 performance pads only available in red & yellow spec :bounce:

the reds i used were very good for low dust :thumbup:

green pads.....didnt think you could ge them for the 197 as they are only a "fast road" pad and given the 197 performance pads only available in red & yellow spec :bounce:

the reds i used were very good for low dust :thumbup:

Sorry, it's my alfa track day car i use them on.

DS2500 every day of the week for me,i run them front and pagids rear,no issues what so ever even from cold and the brake dust is seriously reduced compared to standard

I use EBC yellow stuff pads, only really recommended if you change the disks as well though. but you will out brake everything and anything!!!