197: How much for your insurance and who with?

Hi guys, as you all know im looking to get a renault clio sport 197 in or around march time

Just wondering if you could tell me ....

How much you pay for your insurance?

Who with?

How many years NCB, age etc?

Cheers :thumbup:

Btw just been quoted £1300 fully comp with churchill and thats with 3 years NCB, 3 years experience and on my own policy at 21

Would sky insurance give me a reasonable quote with the 20% off once im a paying member?

When I collected my 197 I was 21, I had 4 years experience and 4 years NCB and I think it was around the £900 mark, so I would say that you have had a fair deal. Mine was also Churchill, can't beat their quote for me.

Oooo i am 1 year behind you ... £900 sounds great doesnt it but id be happy with £1300 but always nice to see if you can haggle a little off :smile:

Premium; £653.74 Fully Comprehensive

Insurer; Highway via Greenlight Insurance

Car; '07 Clio 197, £7500 Value, ALL Modifications Declared

Et Moi; 25, 3 Yrs NCB, Licence Dec. '06, 04 Points (SP30, Nov. '07), HGV Class 2 Jan. '11

This price is after the discount for Paid Members was applied, works out at pence over £55/Month. :smiley:

Last edited:
That was nearly 2 years ago mate, now got a 3 MPS and the insurance is about £850 atm, thats with 5 years NCB, 5 years experience. It's sue again in January and unless I crash it, should be a bit cheaper I hope. If it's about £700 I'll be happy. My renewal always coincides with my birthday (insured cars since I was 17) so I will be a year older too (23).

For me it's ~ £750 with bell. I'm 22 with 3 years NCB, 1 non fault claim (Puts the price up about £50!!!), all mods declared, 8k miles.

When I was 21, 2 years NCB and no mods on the car it was ~£950

Mine is £243 with Esure. Full no claims etc. but strangely I could not get no claims protection, so do not have that for this car. My age is the reason it's low BTW.

Mine was £850 when i took the policy out, me being 20yrs old 3 years no claims 3 years experience etc :thumbup:

forgot to say imm with diamond :smiley:

Last edited:
what ive paid on the clio:

19, 0yr no claims, Admiral 10month plan - £2200.
19, 1yr no claims, Admiral 10month plan - £1450.
20, 2yr no claims, Admiral 12month plan - £1050 (currently 2months in)

0 points, fully comp

I'm just turned 25 and pay £600 that's 7yrs protected, 3 points (should be about gone now) 1 total loss claim from three years ago. That's with admiral, got a multicar policy with the girlfriend.

NCB: 4 years
Annual Policy: £1100 (bar a couple of quid)
Company: Elephant
Insurance Type: Fully Comp (10 month)

With my Dad and my sister as a named driver on the policy.