How did you find clio197/200.net?

i see, ko3 or ko3s turbo?

i miss the torque of my GTTDI tbh, and the heated seats were a god send in winter!

Slightly off topic, sorry Maz :wink:, but why are forums predominantly .net as opposed to .com .co.uk etc etc?

because .net come higher up the search that .co.uk in other parts of the world.

i see, ko3 or ko3s turbo?

i miss the torque of my GTTDI tbh, and the heated seats were a god send in winter!

couldnt tell you tbh, i drove it and did the body work. engine/machanical work was done by jbs.
i have heated seats again :smile:

Nice little story Jase, good to know the history of the club.

Don't worry daz, gouldy is winning the off topic prize :wink: lol

Let tell you all a little story, are you sitting comfortably.

A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away there was a place called 'clio197.com'
I was sent a link(through pm on cs)to said site by the lad that ran owned it a few days before going live.
The site had a a few major floors,main one being the fact he had to manually activate all members. This soon got stupidly uncontrollable with spam bots.
The owner soon had very little time for the site due to work commitments and all genuine new members were not getting activated.
I was very clear to see that the site was not going to last very long and he just wouldn't create mods to let them help.
I was getting pm's, emails, contacted on fb asking what was happening but he still would not even answer messages.

Around that timemy best mate(tim) bought and moved into his first house.
The weekend before he was due to move in, his brother got taken ill in London.
To help him out I offered to decorate the house top to bottom for him while he was away for the weekend.
The purchase of the house had wiped tim's funds out. I'd been talking to him about .com and how it was going to die. The week after wehad a house warming party for him and he offered to create a web site for me.
.net was chosen against his suggestions due to a few reasons(cs,megsport and my old club 'ukmkivs.net)
The site was thrown together quite quickly originally as to catch the members of .com before its death(rip). Within a week of the launch of .netN .com went off line.
I did explain exactly to .com owner what I was planning I he was perfectly happy about it, so don't worry i wasn't poaching members.

And so www.clio197.net was born.

I would love to say it's been a breeze but I'd never even moderatedon a site let aloan owned/ran one. It has been a massive learning curve for me and I'm still learning each and every day.

This is actually the 3rd version of .net
1.created by Tim using different software and worked fine for over a year until getting hacked and the site data was completely trashed.
2.took the chance to get leckie onboard and make the move over to vB (but to start with till funds aloud were using a free :wink: version. Wasn't long at all before we were found out and was time to dip my hand in my pocket)
3.created the current version of .net with official software.

Ah I remember it well, you stumbling through the site software trying to sort things out, me trying to help. I emphasise trying there as I didn't have a clue, twas like th blind leading the blnd lol

By the looks of things 90% of members were on Clio sport before.

I'm on pretty much every forum you can imagine, I don't quite know how that happened either tbh.

I do however know that although it's not an overly large community on 197.net everyone on the site is sound.

Which is quite a rarity these days

Not sure really.. one minute i was looking at ghetto bootys online the next minute i was here..well the old 197.net.

Pete

Posted on the Detailing World forum about my new car purchase and was advised to sign up here, so I did.

No offence to anyone but CS is not for me, this site is just right and all the members are easy going.

became aware of the site when on CS when had my previous clio's and then when bought a 197 thought it was time to register!