hit and run

Good luck anyway mate, if you need any more advice or bullshit being translated then give us a PM.

defo will mate, thanks very much really!
want it sorted asap tho so having to wait until they find the car and then if they do and the other persons insurance accepts its going to be over a month :'(

Sorry to hear about the incident, it's ridiculous that people just drive off thinking they'll get away with it! I just hope the police can find the car and owner and that she has to pay up for it. Glad to hear that two witnesses caught most of her reg no, some nice people out there!

I had a similar thing parked in a shopping centre, car was parked up in an end space, but it wasn't a car that hit me, it was a female shoplifter who supposidly "ran into my car" and debenhams said the CCTV was not working at the time, and the police when they arrived to arrest the female shoplifter turned a blind eye to the damage on the car saying it was an "accident". I ended up having to pay up, becuase I threatened to take her to court over it and was told by the police that records show she was unemployed and homeless so there would be no point fighting it.

Gutted for you mate, I only hope you can get it sorted quickly and that you find the person who did it.

In Chappo's defense I do understand why people have that sort of attitude about the police. I've been hit twice by people that have either provided false info or drove off. On both occasions I was told by the police that they wouldn't do anything and if we did want to proceed it would just be a paper exercise :worried:

I'm not saying all police are the same but you can understand why people dont have any faith in the system.

Anyway, good luck chasing her down mate. Stuff like this makes me sick, why cant people take some responsibility for their actions

sorry to here that mate i had someone take my passenger front wing off at the multi story at the shopping centre at Blackpool 2 years ago no details nothing and worst of all i was testing the CCTV at the time and of the 22 cameras in place 2 of the ones not working because some joiner had severed the cable covered my car

Same thing happened to my girlfriends car when we were on holiday in cornwall. Spent our second day talking to police/insurance etc, and 4 months down the line they were still no further.

Police dropped the case as there was 'no sufficient evidence' even though a neighbour of the hotel saw the whole thing and gave a witness statement to them.

She ended up paying for the repairs herself, which turned out to be half the cost of the insurers 'approved' repairers quote....

Hope you get it sorted though mate!