hit and run

hi guys,
left my restaurnat last night, got in my car and went to the petrol station. went in paid and as i was walking back i saw a massive dent (size of a mans shoe/trainer) in my door. felt sooooo sick! :'(
saw in my wiper there was a little paper which said "2 witness, names & numbers and reg who hit your car".
phoned one of the witness up and ask what happened he replied "was walking along a car reveresed out out of a drive and bang straight into my door, he said she just put her foot down and drove off".
so yes it was a woman.
wtf is wrong with people these days, why the f**k didnt she stop and leave her details??
i phoned the police last and explained everything to them.
i think its going to come from my pocket for the repairs if im going to be honest.
any one ever been in this situation?
thanks drifter.
DSC_0146.jpg

wtf is wrong with people hope you find the woman who did it mate, cant see the old bill doing much as they never do.

gutted for you drifter,

hope you get it sorted soon, ( and not at your expense ).

Feel for you.. I've been in the same situation. Went shopping, parked on an end space (as i normally do). Came back to the car to find a huge dent in the wing and door of our 306 :worried: Went to the shopping centre security who said the cameras arent switched on :@! so there was no way of finding out who did it. And no witnesses that we know of :worried:

To be honest, I would be looking at locking the owner of the vehicle up for fail to stop at scene of an accident. Depends on what force is dealing, probably drink drive is the likely reason she didnt stop.

Make sure you pass witness details onto the police mate as they can look at getting statements and ID'ing the driver of the vehicle. Also where the vehicle reversed out of, have a look whether CCTV is in the area as well mate.

Can you guess the job I am....

mikey197, you an officer??
if so do you really think il get anywhere??
the officer i spoke to last night told that they will be following it up as the driver has committed an offence, but he said he doesnt know if il get a payout for it...

im gutted for you mate, thats awful. im glad that some people stopped to give details at least that gives you something to start with!

people like that shouldn't be allowed in public - if they cant take responsibility for their actions they shouldn't be allowed out!

i hope you get it sorted soon

meant to ask you if it is the same side that the odd paintwork is on?

you have been quite unlucky recently

Gutted for you fella! At least you have some way of possibly getting compensation due to some good natured people leaving some details.

wtf is wrong with people hope you find the woman who did it mate, cant see the old bill doing much as they never do.

gutted for you drifter,

hope you get it sorted soon, ( and not at your expense ).

Very educated comment.......

If you have witness details then pro forma statements can be sent out to them for them to fill in, and forget the fact its a petrol station, its classed as an 'other place' so it can be dealt with as though it was an open road. Im sure a visit from the investigating officer will furnish you with the insurance details you need, or if they arent then a court visit hopefully..........

now back to that dude that has an issue with police........GROW UP!

Very educated comment.......

If you have witness details then pro forma statements can be sent out to them for them to fill in, and forget the fact its a petrol station, its classed as an 'other place' so it can be dealt with as though it was an open road. Im sure a visit from the investigating officer will furnish you with the insurance details you need, or if they arent then a court visit hopefully..........

now back to that dude that has an issue with police........GROW UP!

dont have an issue with police ( fact ). :redface:

speeking from experiance thats all, which is my 2 pence worth. :-p

end of,

back to topic. :thumbup1:

Thats really bad.. had this done to me but i was lucky the person felt bad about damaging my car and made sure they sorted it out for me..

Surely with witnesses the police would have to treat it with failing to stop at the sceen of an accident? Hopefully some thing can be done abouts it. Cant believe people cant fix some thing they broke, values have been lost in this day in age :worried:

just got back from the station, filled out all the forms etc etc.
now the lady officer i spoke too said theres a note on the incident saying that they searched the number plate last night and there is no vehicle in the uk with that number...
but there is cctv so she said that the officer who deals with me can check that and they will try other 1st letters to the number plate as i explained the witness i spoke too said the 1st he wasnt sure on but the rest is 100% correct.

just got back from the station, filled out all the forms etc etc.
now the lady officer i spoke too said theres a note on the incident saying that they searched the number plate last night and there is no vehicle in the uk with that number...
but there is cctv so she said that the officer who deals with me can check that and they will try other 1st letters to the number plate as i explained the witness i spoke too said the 1st he wasnt sure on but the rest is 100% correct.

Dont worry too much about that....if they know the make,model, and colour they can miss out the digit they are unsure of on PNC and see what it brings up locally. If that fails then its gonna be down to good old cctv which in my experience at petrol stations it has to be fair to say is usually poor unless it is parked at a pump. fingers crossed.