Help me decide

E

Ed...

I now need a new bonnet as my ktec carbon 1 is sold. Do i go for another ktec? Or do i buy 1 from streamline carbon?

Prices are 411 for ktec before discount

Orrrrrr 999 for streamlines before discount.

What do u guys think?

Why would you sell yours only to buy one the same?
Surely in that situation you are loosing money on the deal?! Get a metal bonnet the weight difference is negligible and put the money you'll save towards my xmas present... :001_rolleyes:

Streamlines is carbon top and bottom and ktec is carbon top. I sold the bonnet to kdl im not losing money on it he wanted it fast so hes having it on saturday.

The streamline is 2.1 kg in total

The ktec is close to 5 kg

How much does the standard one weigh?

I tend to think as you're building a track car you should either go all out or just not bother.

On the other hand, a grand on a bonnet does seem extreme. Go for those carbon doors instead

tbh mate. when my budget will stretch its having carbon roof, carbon doors, carbon tailgate but ure talking £3000 so it might be a while.

the thing thats stopping me buying the bonnet is re-sale value if i get bored?

Not many people lol, but who's going to buy your carbon roof and doors. If you're gonna ask the question on the bonnet you have to ask it on the other bits too!

I think to do the roof you have to cut the current one out? So obviously you can't even resell that lol

lmfao hmmmmmmmmm but it would look the muts nuts and be light as a fairy.

Mate nice work on turning a little profit but seriously, think what else you could spend £1k on!
Of course it's your choice at the end of the day.

Mate nice work on turning a little profit but seriously, think what else you could spend £1k on!
Of course it's your choice at the end of the day.

seriously mate what else can i spend my money on lol?????

i'll lose the will to live if i cant spend it on my car anymore.

seems as the S/C is on hold im lost as there is seriously nothing i can do to it to increase performance.

whys the sc on hold? You still not able to drive it? If you mad the roof, doors, tailgate carbon, stripped out the all the seats and bought a new lighter recaro as a drivers one then it would fly, think of all the weight that would be lost! Dont k tec do, deferent door cards as well now? Id do that and flog the charger bits for now and just wait for the Jam Sport SC.

Cudnt afford the 2k build/labour costs on supercharger just yet. Im going to do it next year for certain. They do the lightweight cards yeah gunna buy em wen i get the doors off craig. Car is driving again now but starting from cold requires pre heating wich is a pain.