Help me convince my brother to get a r27 instead of an r26

I think the main difference is the fact that it is only a small turbo so you dont get a huge kick of boost when it spools up, but does spool up very quickly on the meg

I've seen a GW around Blackpool and on the M55 a few times. Do you have very short hair and wear big sunglasses?

I've seen a GW around Blackpool and on the M55 a few times. Do you have very short hair and wear big sunglasses?

1 out of 3; very short and balding hair, no big sunglasses and don't go to that god awful town!!! :tongueout:

Not got a clue but they were only on the late plate r26 models, 08/58 I think only

My 197 is faster than Mikes Mapped meg, I'd say 10 seconds a lap faster around oulton park, that's with me on flat tyres and blind folded as well so I'd deffo get a Clio if I was him.

Mikes Meg is lovely and its a clio for grown ups.

The meg's are great and the R26 is fast but as Litchy said, its kid of a more grown up car. My R27 puts a smile on my face every time I drive it, so much fun!

Don't listen our kid, buy a clio and enjoy it for what it is. I live the fact it has to be driven pretty hard to get going. Joe

Hi all I am the younger brother spoken of in this thread. I do really love the looks of bith the r26 meg and the r27 clio and I am really impressed with my brothers 200 I just think that the meg would be a bit more of a thrill with the extra power and the diff. But as yet I still aint been out in one so if anyone fancies taking me for a passenger ride in theres let me know lol.

The Clio will be more fun. Yes the meg is faster and will lap quicker but when I drove a 250 meg round Silverstone I actually found it boring compared to the high reving screeming Clio. It was quicker but didn't actualy feel that quick.

Hi all I am the younger brother spoken of in this thread. I do really love the looks of bith the r26 meg and the r27 clio and I am really impressed with my brothers 200 I just think that the meg would be a bit more of a thrill with the extra power and the diff. But as yet I still aint been out in one so if anyone fancies taking me for a passenger ride in theres let me know lol.

Pffffff, get a Clio :smile:

End!

The Megane is a lovely car, but the BEST pound for pound car on the market is the Clio.

Close Thread.

:smiley:

I'm in the market for a 197 Cup at the minute... Had a 172 Cup years back, S2 mapped Meggy before, 330 Sports etc and now in a 300hp 390lbft Saab!. Coming back to a Clio!

My main issue is self control so i want a slower car! Turbo cars give their performance too easy it's too easy to get into trouble.

what about the diff in the R26 surely its got to be worth serious consideration in the debate of things i know someone who owns one and i keep asking him to take me for a spin but as of yet he aint but a couple of people have said there a bit mental.

what about the diff in the R26 surely its got to be worth serious consideration in the debate of things i know someone who owns one and i keep asking him to take me for a spin but as of yet he aint but a couple of people have said there a bit mental.

Oh they grip alright, well from my limited experience in one it certainly cornered well.

Like I said, I came away from the R26 thiking ''I want a Diff'''.

But, I'd still take a Clio over one. It's the NA. :wink: