Headlight condensation...

As of today I have noticed that my passenger side headlight has condensation forming inside the lens.

I have attached some pictures below showing this, is this a common occurrence and how do I resolve this?

Thanks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338838258.074783.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338838270.144897.jpg

Seal gone.I had the same 2 weeks after I picked it up from new they had to put 2 new ones on due to the seals being crap

Check the seal on the indicator bulb holder then make sure the big round covers are correctly attached to the back of the lights. If you leave the czpar out in the sun on a hot day they will, dry out 100%.

Like Roy I had the same on all 4 lights both fronts and backs a few weeks after picking mine up from new as well

All 4 had to be replaced under warranty

Yeah it seems to have gotten worse over night as its pretty poor weather at the moment. When you say the seals do you mean the backing plate that ou remove to gain access to the bulbs?

i had this and it was pretty bad so i took the backing caps off for the indicator bulb and the full beam bulb, then turned on all the lights (dipped and full beam) to heat it up. i then heat up the outside with a hairdrier and at the same time used the hose from the hoover, which fitted perfectly over the opening for the indicator bulb, to suck the moist air out. taking the full beam cap off lets the air circulate.

took a while as i had alot of condensation but its not came back since. just make sure it's all completely gone.

It's partially a natural occurrence as the units are not hermetically sealed (which means they are not air tight)... with differences in temperature there is always chance you will get some condensation...the units them selves are crap and made from thin plastic which won't help as this will make them more susceptible to condensation forming.

however I felt the level in mine was unacceptable and as such asked for them to be replaced under warranty (both headlights and fog lights)

See
http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17982
http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16721&page=5

Hope this helps!

Last weekend I done the Hoover and heat gun technique and cleared it all up. After a week it's come back again the same as before? The drivers side is fine it's just the passenger that's really bad. Is there something else like a seal to replace, don't think the Hoover and heat gun every week is the way forward? Its obvious that one unit is sealed better than the other?

Last weekend I done the Hoover and heat gun technique and cleared it all up. After a week it's come back again the same as before? The drivers side is fine it's just the passenger that's really bad. Is there something else like a seal to replace, don't think the Hoover and heat gun every week is the way forward? Its obvious that one unit is sealed better than the other?

Did u read my post above?

Yes I did but it's clear something is different between the two units as both would have condensation if it was that natural?

Yes, but if you take a look at the links I had one headlights worse than the other from what looks light water ingress. I think there may have even been a very small crack on the unit where the water inside seemed to be leaving a mark.

You need to check the back of the unit where the bulbs / seals go as this can cause problems if not fitted correctly. You probably won't ever get rid of it completely even if you try and dry it with a hair dryer say or leave the lights on if the unit is faulty or seals on the back not on right. Good luck.

I think it might be possible to soften the glue but you'll have to experiment with the heat. I'm sure I've seen someone do it before.

If you look at the top of the light unit, it forms part of the wing drain channel! My O/S started to take in a little water in this ****ty weather we've been having, I've removed it to dry it out but I've noticed the weather sealant has a few air bubbles which have popped, I'm certain this is where the water is getting in. I've added a bead of clear sealant all round, hopefully this will sort it.

Unfortunately I have water marking on the inside of the lens! I'm in the process of sorting this with a small amount of microfibre cloth ty-wrapped to a bottle cleaner!