Condensation in headlight on passenger side

hello i have woke up this morning with condensation in the passenger headlight now the back of the full beam cap was slightly loose now i have out it back on but wont go is there any solution to getting rid of it?​

Heat - driving around with lights on as much as possible will heat it up slightly.

In the past I've used silca. Those little white pouches that come with shoes. Pop one in side the unit and i'll draw moisture out.

Take the headlight out and blow a hair dryer in on a gentle heat.

It will take a while and don't do it on a hot heat or it will loosen the seal.

Welcome to the club its quite a common issue ive had mine replaced it happened on both sets dryed them out too and now just given up lol

Welcome to the club its quite a common issue ive had mine replaced it happened on both sets dryed them out too and now just given up lol
Yeah well i bet its not cheap to replace them is it mine are the projector! Ha gonna try them with silica pouches in

Hi guys - I had this exact problem too, was able to fix it with a silica pouch. However problem has come back since the heavy rain yesterday, guessing that means the seal must have gone? Would you reckon replacing the whole unit is the only option?

[MENTION=41551]jbear[/MENTION] if you blow hot air in through the back with a hair dryer of the unit then it will melt the seal and you can split the unit from the lens, clean all the old sealant off and reseal.

Before you do check the lens and the unit for cracks or it will just keep happening.

Lastly make sure the rear caps are on correctly as it may just be that.

Btw you can use a heat gun directly on the the seal from the outside but be careful you don't melt the unit.

I sorted this when i realised a cap was slightly off on back put it back on drie with lights on for couple days and not seen it since

Cheers guys - appreciate the help.

I've checked all the rear caps and all seems to be fine. Also can't see any cracks on the lens itself.
[MENTION=636]Mentalpen[/MENTION] so literally with a bit of heat, the seal will melt and I'll be able to take the lens off and reapply? Thought I was looking at taking the full headlight unit off/replacing the whole thing...I'll take a closer look this weekend.

Yes, remove headlight, take any clips off the lens, caps off the rear, leave a hair dryer blowing warm in, and when it starts to melt work it apart.

Time is the key here, don't expect it to split quickly unless you use a heat gun.

Which I wouldn't recommend.

Think I'll be giving this a go next weekend. I've taken a look at the bumper removal guide so seems pretty straightforward to get started. For removing the actual headlight is there anything in particular I should know? Is it a pretty simple process to get off?

Unlucky, I had this on the drivers side but it cleared up on its own before I was going to use the hairdryer trick.