Has your gearbox been replaced? Yes or no?

Have you had the gearbox in your 197 / 200 replaced?

• No - I'm still running the original gearbox

Votes: 420 72.9%
  • Yes - I'm running a replacement gearbox

Votes: 156 27.1%

• Total voters
Think this is the route I will be going down buying one off these then fitting myself cheaper than Renault even with a contribution. do u know off anything I could do to prevent this happening again? one off the lads at my work mentioned shock proof gear oil he has it in his 900bhp skyline not Shure how this would be with a little Clio box haven't heard much about it either.

alot on here are running fully synthetic gearbox oil - i wouldnt use the renault oil in mine :jedi:

my gearbox has been replaced at some point but when im driving a bit quicker it seems a ittle stiffer, is this normal?

mine is being changed at the mo, £2021 is cheaper than most.

I was quoted £2200 but luckily i've got a good renault history so the price came down a lot.

mines seeming it doesn't like 4th too much?

only 19k but 2 month out of warranty...

What should i do?

I have a 3rd / 4th gear crunch and am taking it into Renault on Monday... I have already called Renault UK, as I am 1 month out of warranty, who seemed more than happy to help.

This will be my 3rd gear box. The last box was changed under warranty in July last year!

I have a 3rd / 4th gear crunch and am taking it into Renault on Monday... I have already called Renault UK, as I am 1 month out of warranty, who seemed more than happy to help.

This will be my 3rd gear box. The last box was changed under warranty in July last year!

3rd box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :swear:

You're not out of warranty then as the new part will come with a new 1 years warranty.

So technically you're 3 months inside still. That's why they're happy to help lol

You're not out of warranty then as the new part will come with a new 1 years warranty.

So technically you're 3 months inside still. That's why they're happy to help lol

Already discussed this with Renault. Apparently not as the last box change was under manufacturer warranty, it does not extend the warranty for replaced products unless you paid a contribution...
Obviously only being 1 month out of warranty and the part in question is less than 12 months old I am hoping I will not have to pay or a very minimal amount (so I can get 12 months warranty on the gear box).

contact ruk customer services :wiz:

Have already got a case open with them. We shall see what they say!

Recently picked up a new car with only 2000 miles on it, Its in warranty until October 2016 but what fluid can go in the boxes so i dont have to worry about this? My old 197 didn't have the best of changes after only 35k.

Recently picked up a new car with only 2000 miles on it, Its in warranty until October 2016 but what fluid can go in the boxes so i dont have to worry about this? My old 197 didn't have the best of changes after only 35k.

http://clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30556

Opie know their 'shizzle' if you want any more specifics just ask there, they're pretty good at getting back to people. their recommendations are there anyway.

Already discussed this with Renault. Apparently not as the last box change was under manufacturer warranty, it does not extend the warranty for replaced products unless you paid a contribution...
Obviously only being 1 month out of warranty and the part in question is less than 12 months old I am hoping I will not have to pay or a very minimal amount (so I can get 12 months warranty on the gear box).

Have already got a case open with them. We shall see what they say!

They got a way round everything!

this is always a case on all warranty parts, even if you pay 1p you get a 12 month warranty.

So people without warranty what route did you go down with the box? Repair? Replace?

28 days out of warranty and box & clutch for £220 via customer services.

£150k worth of loyalty to back up my claim.