Had my Milltek Center Silencer Removed (vid added)

My opinion? The car now have less HP

I disagree, the car is def not down on power and if it is we are talking an imperceptible 0.1 or 0.2 BHP.. The sound more than makes up for it and besides it definitely feels more lively when revving.

Looking at it another way what your saying is that adding a silencer adds power, If that is the case then race systems would be loaded with silencers, as it happens they are not..... :wink:

I would be interested to know why you think it will be down on power

I'v just done this, plus I've fitted a V6 airbox, from what I can see its not down on peak power but my god its awful in the mid range 2500-4500rpm. I've booked in to RS tuning to get a remap as it will surely help this no end. I think there are small gains to be had but as you say Fernandez, the noise is worth a 0.001 bhp loss!

I'v just done this, plus I've fitted a V6 airbox, from what I can see its not down on peak power but my god its awful in the mid range 2500-4500rpm. I've booked in to RS tuning to get a remap as it will surely help this no end. I think there are small gains to be had but as you say Fernandez, the noise is worth a 0.001 bhp loss!

Must be the V6 box mate, but like you say a remap will sort it. I have a V6 box waiting to go on aswell as some C&B cams so will do those before I consider the Meg engine
:wink:

My opinion? The car now have less HP

I disagree, the car is def not down on power and if it is we are talking an imperceptible 0.1 or 0.2 BHP.. The sound more than makes up for it and besides it definitely feels more lively when revving.

Looking at it another way what your saying is that adding a silencer adds power, If that is the case then race systems would be loaded with silencers, as it happens they are not..... :wink:

I would be interested to know why you think it will be down on power

the centre silencer is only a "straight through" absorbtion type silencer so dosesnt have a massive effect on exhaust flow/restriction and as said race cars dont use silencers you need the gases to escapse as easily as possible...

Beliveme or not , i know what i'm talking about. Decat and no mid silencer = exhaust with no retention ... no retention at this car means a lot less power at low/mid rev range :sleep:

With this combination it's needed a custom remap to solve this problem

If you are happy with it ... :jase:

As seen in my progress thread.....

One by Mrs F with her very unique commentary...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivs3VkL0xVk[/YOUTUBE]

Sounds well. However you need someone to film from behind you to get the true tunnel sound.
I think Vicky Butler Henderson is worried for her job after that clip. :smile:

Nice sound!
Do you have any flat spot? Is your clio remapped?

It was remapped when I first had exhaust put on and not noticed any detrimental change when removing the silencer. Runs fine and I love it, does the wifes head in though, too noisy apparently lol