Had my Milltek Center Silencer Removed (vid added)

Fernandez

Gold Member
Last wednesday I took the plunge and got the centre silencer removed from my milltek.

Its very loud, its raspy, it pops, it bangs and I love it.. Lol

To get the job done properly I purchased the following from Jetex (note that the Milltek is 2.5"):

500mm lengh pipe, 2.5" diameter

Double end sleeve 2.5"

B92924C7-orig.jpg

I went for these parts so that it could be reversed with reletive ease.

Installation was fairly easy and quick, just under an hour.

First the car went on the ramps.... (cheeky excuse for a photo really.. Lol)
C1C9FBD0-orig.jpg

Then the exhaust was removed from the decat pipe to the back boxes so that the silencer could be removed. The silencer had to be cut off from one side only as the other side is sleeved. Not sure if this is the same on the standard set-up.

The replacement pipes were then put back in using clamps and a bit of exhaust sealent..

291C84B0-orig.jpg

Overall I am really happy with it, garage charged me £45 to fit and i've not noticed any difference in flatspot but the car was mapped after first having the decated Milltek.

Drove through the dartford tunnel yesterday and couldn't resist revving the nuts off it and it sounded so immense... I really must get a video....

Last edited:
I must question £45 for someone to fit this? Mikeh197 & myself would of done the job for a simple high five and some sort of funky music to work too.

I must question £45 for someone to fit this? Mikeh197 & myself would of done the job for a simple high five and some sort of funky music to work too.

Lol, I shall bear this in mind next time :wink:

Judging by the other comments I'm guessing people want a video?

When did we start charging funky music rates, or am I just going deaf in my old age...

VIDEO :smile: I have noticed a flat spot with mine! It's really annoying and need to get it remapped again at some point. Does yours pop on every gear change?

VIDEO :smile: I have noticed a flat spot with mine! It's really annoying and need to get it remapped again at some point. Does yours pop on every gear change?

Pops like mad mate, its highly addictive, sounds just as mental on the over run too.

What I like about it is that it sounds sounds really throaty/meaty upto around 6k then gets really raspy at the top end. Change gear with the beep and it sounds like a race car, snap, crackle and pop.

Hang on I was getting paid by being given the honour of a bucket and sponge to clean your dads car...

Plus the spanners have stupid numbers like 24mm, I thought they were meant to be fractions

Pops like mad mate, its highly addictive, sounds just as mental on the over run too.

What I like about it is that it sounds sounds really throaty/meaty upto around 6k then gets really raspy at the top end. Change gear with the beep and it sounds like a race car, snap, crackle and pop.

if your like me, your gonna be using so much petrol lol

I want to get my car booked in for this as soon as I'm back from sea in August. I live in the Lake District, anyone recommend somewhere in the North West within reasonable distance for having this done?

I've used Pipe Werx in Lancashire before...?

Have you driven on the motorway with it removed yet? Does it drone much?

Went to the out-laws at the weekend, the live in Kent so did the M1, M25 and M2.

I have to admit at certain speeds it was a bit dronesome on the M1 and M2, but I'll put up with it as the M25 however has tunnels and it sounds epic inside them. . Not sure my family would agree so its lucky the Clio its not our main car, although it is my daily drive.

I can see that a lot of people wouldn't be able to live with it but at least the way I've had it done its reversable.

Last edited:
Welcome to the "197/200 de-silenced miltek owners club" :smiley: do you get the miltek rasp kick in, around 4k?