Problems after fitting Milltek

Hi guys hope you're all well and hoping you may be able to give me some advice :smile:

Had an oreca grp n system on the 197 for a while with no problems, however I decided to change to a miltek system with decat, the problem I'm now having is when I accelerate, be it warm or cold engine wise, it really bogs down at about 2500rpm making it abit of a pain accelerating out of junctions ect, I know the clios have the old flat spot issue but it doesnt feel like that, it's fine once it gets past the initial bog down, but it doesn't feel good at all!

I'm considering a Ktec renflash, but before I go and spend the money does anybody have any other ideas :smile:? The lambda seems fine and there is an ever so slightly blow from where the decat meets the Mani which I'm having sorted this week

Thanks in advance guys

Dan :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: lewishunter98
It will 100% be the flatspot. My Ktec made my car cough and splutter like a misfire at 2.5k. Switched to my oreca and that almost disappeared comlpetely.

Hi guys hope you're all well and hoping you may be able to give me some advice :smile:

Had an oreca grp n system on the 197 for a while with no problems, however I decided to change to a miltek system with decat, the problem I'm now having is when I accelerate, be it warm or cold engine wise, it really bogs down at about 2500rpm making it abit of a pain accelerating out of junctions ect, I know the clios have the old flat spot issue but it doesnt feel like that, it's fine once it gets past the initial bog down, but it doesn't feel good at all!

I'm considering a Ktec renflash, but before I go and spend the money does anybody have any other ideas :smile:? The lambda seems fine and there is an ever so slightly blow from where the decat meets the Mani which I'm having sorted this week

Thanks in advance guys

Dan :smile:

Sounds to me like the decat you have fitted with the Miltek might be enhancing the flat spot, sometimes the cars really don't like it when a cat is removed, hence why it feels a lot worse.

Where are you located ? I've just had a quick look at the price of a Ktec Renflash and you could get a rolling road remap for similar price if you're near one of the reputable companies.

Morning guys, cheers for the replies, appreciate it :smile:

Damn, I was hoping it wasn't the horrible flat spot haha, can that be mapped out or is it still one of those things nobody has managed to figure out?

I'm based just north of Nottingham Matt :smile:, not too sure wether there are many tuning companies round here, could always take a drive to Leeds I guess :smile:

Morning guys, cheers for the replies, appreciate it :smile:

Damn, I was hoping it wasn't the horrible flat spot haha, can that be mapped out or is it still one of those things nobody has managed to figure out?

I'm based just north of Nottingham Matt :smile:, not too sure wether there are many tuning companies round here, could always take a drive to Leeds I guess :smile:

Nottingham to Rstuning in Leeds should be a fairly nice and easy drive (I've known people travel 5/6+ hours to them)

I was there a couple of weekends ago and Paul's work is second to none.

My car didn't really have a massive flat spot but the difference is still brilliant, you won't get massive gains in terms of bhp however the improved driveability is worth the trip/cost alone.

Paul will be able to improve the flat spot dramatically and hopefully make the car feel better in general.

Awesome! Cheers Matt :smile:

Personally I'm not fussed about the gains, I'm more of an as long as it drives nice and makes me smile then I'm happy kinda guy :smile:

I shall drop them an email! If you do t mind me asking, do you know how much they charge roughly for session ?

Awesome! Cheers Matt :smile:

Personally I'm not fussed about the gains, I'm more of an as long as it drives nice and makes me smile then I'm happy kinda guy :smile:

I shall drop them an email! If you do t mind me asking, do you know how much they charge roughly for session ?

Then I'm sure you'll be happy once you get it done, especially with the flat spot being pretty bad. I didn't really have one as such but it still made the car feel a lot better :grinning:

I believe it is £295 + VAT so £354.

Which is the same price as the Ktec Renflash which i'm sure is fine, but by going to Rstuning the car will be put on the dyno and Paul will be able to get the best out of it - plus you get a nice printout and a sticker to take home with you:grinning:

Reactions: Sean197
Legend mate! Thank you so much for the reply! I'll hit them up later today and get myself booked in :smile:

Hopefully this thread may help others too so thanks again :smile:

I'm under the impression they're not too great for the engine. But I don't know for sure

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

It'll be worth the drive to Leeds. I went there from Inverness for a remap & it's so much better to drive. Much smoother response & got rid of a flat spot I hadn't realised I had until it wasn't there any more!

Cheers for the replies chaps :smile:

Yeah I don't think I'll bother with any crackle map myself, one of those things where I hear a car with it and think yeah that sounds nice, but then think I wonder if it gets annoying

I've sent them a message Johnny, hoping to get myself up there asap, looking forward to it :smile:

Reactions: lewishunter98
Id always recommend a custom remap as above, the KTEC renflash will be ok but I understand its more of a generic map, not factoring in flatspots or modifications. It might make the car feel better but may not sort it completely.

Just got back from RS Tuning, really really nice people :smile:, Paul mapped the car for me, now have zero flat spot and it feels a completely different car, very happy :smile:

Great to hear, glad you got sorted and decided to go to see Paul at RS Tuning - Always good to see even more positive praise from one of their remaps.

Reactions: Dancliovalver