grrr why do ppl keep messing up my car

Is it just me, or are all "profesional's" crap?

went to renault a few months back and after repairing my car, my front bumper didnt fit properly and kept popping out on the passenger side wing every time I drove in the wind.

Then I got my alloy repaired after a slight scrape and it was fixed really badly.

I got chips-away to repaint the poorly repaied alloy and touch up a few stone chips. He did a goodish job on the alloy but did an appauling job on the paint work. He said he would do the paint job again, but when he did it a second time it was hardly any better at all. I accepted it as I didnt want any further damage done to my otherwise pristine bodywork.

Got 4 tyres put on today by a very cheap tyre supplier in Ellesmere Port. When I got home I relised two things:

1. They had put on 50 profile tyres and not 45!!! wrong sized tyres all round.

2. They had also scratched one alloy putting on a tyre, and then scraped another wheel taking off the new freshly painted alloy that I spent £50 repairing 4 weeks ago!!

Is everybody crap or am I just unlucky??

Last edited:
once 1 thing goes wrong everything seems to go wrong
it will get better mate hopefully

i have had loads of things like this happen to me, i found i had to research alot who to use for what i wanted doing to my cars.

id recommened that you look into companies more matey in future.

i hope this helps

i have had loads of things like this happen to me, i found i had to research alot who to use for what i wanted doing to my cars.

id recommened that you look into companies more matey in future.

i hope this helps

Yes i agree, found this out with the place that first did my alloy wheel.

But I thought chips away but would be a good company to take my "chips away" lol.
Thought Renault would know how to put on a renault bumper? lol

As for the tyre place... yes I knew they would be crap from the moment i drove up and took a look at the place, but £160 for four Conti contacts tyres is pretty good so I went there. Will pay the extra in future lol

Oh and thats not all.....

Taking off my wheel shown that I had a gauge in the inner alloy. Then I seen a big gauge in the metal brake caliper in my rear arch. You can only see it with the wheel off thankfully.

The guy said that my metal wheel weight had become loose and must have come off whilst driving. It had cut through and taken off chunks of metal. I was lucky it didnt cut thru my brake pipe .... would have no rear brake!!!

Check ur wheel weights, this could happen to you! ..... anyone else think this is dangerous?

with tyres, i buy them off black circles.com, once they have been delivered i go get them fitted.

with any mechanical work i use ricky p RPM, this is after years of using incompetant morons that assured me that they could lower torsion bars the correct way etc. i got my VTS back 30mm lower at one side than the other.....................

for paint work i have a specific bodyshop that i use after several poor paint jobs from else where.

i have a specific powder coaters i use that did some wheels for me in ford graphite grey that looked absolutely amazing.

i have an auto electrician that i went to school with that i have known well over 10 years who works on my cars for a pint hear and there.

i use wayne at chip wizards for mapping my cars because after using other companies that messed up the ignition advance etc wayne mapped on of my cars to make awesome power and was so smooth to drive it was unreal!

i have spent along time finding companies are the best at what they do, never settle for less because after all your paying for the services that you recieve, dont you want the best quality?

I know about this too mate. Tried to get a cheap job done and ended up forking out even more to have the repair repared! Have you consulted the tyre place about them fitting the wrong tyre size? Thing is, is that your speedo will be out now. Does it drive any different? No doubt the 50 profile is cheaper than the 45 so they thought they could get away with it.

You are travelling 3.4% slower than a standard tyre, so at 60 you are actually doing 62.1 mph! According to http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

I have a snooper 3ZERO which gives me my speed, as I have found the standard speedo is a bit out anyway. I am thinking about going back to the tyre place and getting different size. problem is they are closed sunday, and I work 9-5 monday-friday, and its miles away from my work. The time I get there I would have done about 300 miles on the tyres so doubt they will change them.

really annoying. Cant believe I didnt notice when they first put them on!

I seem to get bent over in the same way mate, had an alloy "repaired" around this time last year and it was such a **** job I could have done better blind folded.

Worst thing is, it cost me £40 and I could have had the entire wheel striped and refurbished and not touched up.

Latest, is my £2,000 plasma TV went in for a new screen and came back with way more problems, took the TV back and "fixed" them but they had created more problems and there were still problems that had not been resolved.

They have had my TV coming on for 5 weeks now and not phoned me once in that time, places like this take the piss and I wish the recession would bite them on the ass.

Most speedos tell you that you are going faster than you actually are, or so I have found. So in theory your speedo will actually be more acurate now! Lol!

with tyres, i buy them off black circles.com, once they have been delivered i go get them fitted.

with any mechanical work i use ricky p RPM, this is after years of using incompetant morons that assured me that they could lower torsion bars the correct way etc. i got my VTS back 30mm lower at one side than the other.....................

for paint work i have a specific bodyshop that i use after several poor paint jobs from else where.

i have a specific powder coaters i use that did some wheels for me in ford graphite grey that looked absolutely amazing.

i have an auto electrician that i went to school with that i have known well over 10 years who works on my cars for a pint hear and there.

i use wayne at chip wizards for mapping my cars because after using other companies that messed up the ignition advance etc wayne mapped on of my cars to make awesome power and was so smooth to drive it was unreal!

i have spent along time finding companies are the best at what they do, never settle for less because after all your paying for the services that you recieve, dont you want the best quality?

it pays to build up a list of people who you know you can trust to do a good job, as you ^^^^^ seem to have done very well.

fortunately for me, my dad used to sign trainees onto garages so he has a very very good knowledge of everyone local to me.

i see it as, you buy cheap, you buy twice. it almost always works out this way too.

good that you put up the thread though mate, as this should enlighten newer members and owners (like me!! lol)