grrr why do ppl keep messing up my car

ask Woody, all police cars speedos are recalibrated to the exact speed. Think most are out by about 5 mph

Thats not quite true, but nearly. Most are accurate at lower speeds, eg less than 40mph. And then they get progressively worse, my 200 says its doing 80mph, but satnav says 74mph.

Because the speedos are now electronically controlled, the manufacturers build this in as a 'licence saver,' you think your going faster than you are! I'm sure they could be calibrated correctly as well.

There was an article in Evo mag about this last year IIRC, Audi was the most accurate doing 140mph, indicated 142mph.

Sorry to read about your bad luck - kinda thing that happens to me that is!

Theres also alot of hype and &rse licking on internet forums re: which trader to use so its difficult to get reliable sources for decent work.

I think the moral of the story (With the exception of renault's poor service) is always take your car to a well respected garage, dont take it to the cheap place around the corner.

I've had my fair share of these experiences with old cars but the clio only goes to the best now. Lucky enough to find mark fish motorsport is about 10 miles away so I'll be going there for most stuff. If he doesn't have the facilities then it'll be going to TDF which is a fair distance but Matt is top notch

Having seen then today Dave I think they look ok, I wouldn't mess about getting them changed! I know they messed up but you only notice them if you are really looking at them!

I've decided that 50 profiles are the new 'must have' mod. The ride is so smooth & comfortable.

I didn't feel one speed bump today in blackpool. its a perfect blend between a rolls royce when going slow and GT3 RS in the corners when your going some :smile: .... (nose grows slightly).

Nah its a pain knowing the tyres are wrong size, but i cant feel the difference after a good drive today. and it is a bit better over rough surfaces lol