Got myself a clio 197

Looks like i'll be back in a clio from tuesday, its a 09 plate 197, ultra red with recaro's but no cup chassis :worried: but very low mileage its done 5k miles so should feel near as brand new. Will look at getting cup dampers and eibach springs at a later date and get diffuser sprayed gloss black and callipers red. Coming from an R26.R and already used to own a clio 200 ff with recaro's and cup chassis so know what to expect just need to get used to the power delivery and get used to normal seatbelts and listen to music :smile:

You'll be wanting a name change then eh lol.

I think we can do that for ye.

Why did you get rid of the .R?

Funny enough I had looked into buying that car Ben, best of luck with it.

Just out of interest did you trade the R26R?

Needed some money back in my bank and didnt want the .r being wasted driving milton keynes everyday doing 80 mile round trip, if i had a garage would of kept it and got a cheap diesel as a run around and use the megane at summer, will be nice to rev upto 7,500rpm again :smile:

Simon7929- yeah it is that one, would have gone for a 200 again but fancied a 197 and do some tinkering with it, plus i love the ultra red looks amazing

Ahh, rip off rons, that cars been up for sale for a good while iirc

I looked at a 'mint' 182 there, hopefully they have served at least one member well on here

They did have and r26.r for sale, 27k miles for 19k!! alot of his cars seem too much but think the clio was a fair price but is missing cup chassis and climate tho

It was up for sale this time last year when i was looking for mine, about same price too.

I suppose the older it got with that mileage on the more interesting it becomes.

Wonder if that could be the reason why the mileage is low, been for sale for so long, gunna ring them up tomorrow get more info, i did a hpi check says its had 2 owners but they say its had 1 so il be ringing them and getting some much needed answers

Similar Thread Suggestions