GoPro HD foglight cam - Oulton footage

The car wasn't going too bad around there on Friday, strange grip even though it was dry, anything offline was like it was wet - highly enjoyable though. The passenger ballast stunts the power somewhat - but she had some decent scalps!

More to come...

YouTube link

oooo been waiting for this :smile:

Nice Mike, hopefully we'll meet up at Oulton sometime.

Last edited:
Awesome vid mate!
Got myself one of those go pro cameras few months ago, haven't had the chance to test it properly yet.
Question....how did you attach the camera to front bumper? adhesive pads? tetherd?

Excellent quality vid.

I want one of these Go Pro badboys.

Where did you get it and how much?

Very nice Mike - I love that camera, it is brilliant quality.

2:17 & a 2:10 lap time seems respectable too. I have no idea how the Cup Race cars can lap in 1:35 though lol!

Last edited:
Insurance on track is built into my policy, typically 70ish quid elsewhere though.

Got it from Demon Tweeks, I paid 270 with a bit if discount thanks to the forum links.

1:35??? Surely not the full circuit?

Thanks Tom that is the info I was wanting!

I think that is the shorter circuit (by about 200m) but it is a lot tighter so not really going to offer any advantage.

I can't wait to put mine to action this week. Mine is interior mounted though so I can review my steering.

The full circuit adds around 20s (approx) to the circuit that toca uses which would make 1.35 a reasonable time for a cup racer.

The full circuit adds around 20s (approx)

Spot on, I tested it out in rFactor using a 08 cup racer and managed a high 1:36 but the full track takes me 1:55.

Fastest lap in the standard 197 I've seen recorded was 2:09 for the full circuit.

Similar Thread Suggestions