Going to Vegas!

james_h

Platinum Member
Booked 5 days with the missus and can't wait. :thumbup:

Las_Vegas_89.jpg

We both feel we've done the beach holidays and typical European breaks so we both thought this would be a once in a life time trip seeing as we aren't rolling in it.

Guess it depends on what you want from a holiday. We want some amazing nights out (we both love good restaurants and bars) so this should fit the bill!

Vegas is my most favourite place in the world, especially as I got married there September 2010. It's a bit of a marmite place mind, you either love it or hate it but it truly is another world.

Did Vegas a couple of years ago on a 'work trip' :smiley:

Was a men only type of holiday, not sure if its a place i would take my wife (not really her kind of thing) but certainly some great restaurants.

Depending what you like, my highlights included The Pinball Hall of Fame, the rides on top of the Statosphere, and the Desperado Rollercoaster just out of Vegas

Here's a few of my taster shots for you

https://plus.google.com/photos/100319330253312091519/albums/5699651942442472161

https://plus.google.com/photos/100319330253312091519/albums/5699651939975711201

https://plus.google.com/photos/100319330253312091519/albums/5699651934203975137

https://plus.google.com/photos/100319330253312091519/albums/5699651937296186305

And this is sort of why i actually went there...

https://plus.google.com/photos/100319330253312091519/albums/5699651932574074753

Oh and i guarantee you will be moved by the Bellagio fountains !!

Dean.

Last edited:
I love it :smile: I'm lucky enough that the missus aunt lives out there so we go quite alot I'm sure you enjoy yourself make sure you hit LAX for a night and day coz you won't know the difference in sin city

We really want to go Vegas, but dont want to travel all that way just for that. We are thinking about doing New York onto Vegas than a week in Hawaii.

Cheers guys, I thought a few of you might have been.

Lots of people say the same thing - either love it or hate it. Wasn't as much as I though it would be, good price for flights and hotel... I think the spending money will be the scary thought, although that's why we have partially gone for a shorter time (could have had longer)

Lots to try and squeeze in, not sure if we will make it to the Grand Canyon (again time and money :-( ) but looking forward to the night life and amazing hotel.

The missus is more up for it than me btw..I think you can find the sleezier side if you want it quite easy (lads weekend say :thumbsup:smile: but I think a lot of couples go there for a good time.

Some of you will know, I like a bet as well! doh - could be a bad combo.

You'll love it James I'm sure! I went there with some friends and the GF in October and it was amazing!

If you only going for five days, make sure you know the things you want to do and don't waste any time. Also do whatever it takes to avoid jet lag as it'll take it out of you other wise.

Me and the GF got engaged there and plan on going back for part of the honeymoon! I'd recommend going to see some shows. 'Ka' was AMAZING! We also saw that raunchy one thats in NYNY, but cant remember the name - it was hilarious.

Also don't buy show tickets till you get there, there a total rip-off online, we got 2 shows on a Friday and then Sunday night for $100! Next time I'm gonna try and see more.

Also don't panic too much about money, you can get by on ANY budget, but the more you have the more relaxed you'll feel about spending it, trust me theres LOTS of ways to spend it!

Also its not a total money pit, one of our group came back with money, he won a few thousand $ on a 20c slot machine! The GF also picked up $420 dollars from a 20c slot machine in the hotel too!

The really mental thing was they were right next to each other, we were playing another machine while waiting for him to get his winnings and dropped $420! Both in the Monte Carlo where we stayed :smiley:

My only advice really is as Robo says make sure you know what you wanna do before you go and hit the ground running.

And shop around for beer, I found that one place it could be 99c a pint and then next door could be $10 a pint. Some places also do $20 to get in but then all draught is free until closing time (bearing in mind most places never shut!)

However try the bar in the Monte Carlo, they've got like 170 different types!

Oh and if you go to the imperial palace opposite cesars they've got a decent car museum

Booked 5 days with the missus and can't wait. :thumbup:

Las_Vegas_89.jpg

We both feel we've done the beach holidays and typical European breaks so we both thought this would be a once in a life time trip seeing as we aren't rolling in it.

Guess it depends on what you want from a holiday. We want some amazing nights out (we both love good restaurants and bars) so this should fit the bill!

Oh yeah make sure you go to the Harley Davison cafe it's near MGM and hotel Paris so some damn fine food there and if you like bikes there's every Harley rider in Vegas gather pretty much gather everyday :wink:

I've been to SkegVegas :rofl:

A couple of mates went to vegas last year, said it was a great place, both came back with extra money too :thumbup: