197: Getting bored..

I'm finding myself getting incredibly bored with my 197 now. I've recently had a person I work with buy an Abarth Punto.

I had a look around it and was taken away by the "quality" feel of the car and the attention to detail with the interior. Once getting into my Clio it almost felt tacky and cheap.

I love my Clio.. however I'm not really ready to sell it as I know I'll regret it immediately - Any advice? :'(

the puntos are very expensive to insure for what they are considering that the fiat branded t-jet has the same 1.4t engine as the abarth and the only difference is the map, but the tjet is ins group 6 and the abarth is 15 :0
also the electonic power steering is numb and riddled with faults

197's are by far a better car imo :smile:

the puntos are very expensive to insure for what they are considering that the fiat branded t-jet has the same 1.4t engine as the abarth and the only difference is the map, but the tjet is ins group 6 and the abarth is 15 :0
also the electonic power steering is numb and riddled with faults

197's are by far a better car imo :smile:

Yeah I'd agree with you there mate. I'm going to sell the car anyway I think in total honesty. Link here if you know of anyone interested? - http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?p=281206#post281206

I had a look around it and was taken away by the "quality" feel of the car and the attention to detail with the interior. Once getting into my Clio it almost felt tacky and cheap.

I love my Clio.. however I'm not really ready to sell it as I know I'll regret it immediately - Any advice? :'(

I don't think the cup clios (or even the ff) got such brilliant reviews because of their interiors (which by the way is awful). If you know what you are buying beforehand I don't ever believe you'd get bored of even disappointed with it.

My advice? Get it to the twisties/track and enjoy it:smile: This of course is only my opinion..

My advice? Get it to the twisties/track and enjoy it:smile: This of course is only my opinion..

+1.

The Abarth 500 and Abarth Punto are both cracking cars. But, they're more of a luxury warm-hatch instead of an out and out hot-hatch I think. Same with the Alfa MiTo, the finish and interior on those is like something you'd get in a Mercedes in terms of all the plush leather and piano black plastic etc. etc..

The Clio is what it is. It's a drivers car. Nobody buys an R26.R and then says they wish they had heated leather.

Horses for courses.

If you prefer the Punto and think you'd be happier in one then I'd say go for it because at the end of the day you're the one who has to pay to keep it on the road so you need to like or enjoy what you're paying for. A friend of mine has an Abarth 500 and it is a lovely little car but in terms or performance it's not even in the same league as the 197, or for that matter the 133. I can't see the Punto being a match either in that respect, but the leather seats really are smart in them...

I don't know, I reckon on a track or down a nice road a 133 would more then hold it's own.

I know one thing though, I'd like to see the battle!!! :smiley:

Your forgetting one thing

The 500 Abarth is an incredibly cool car .

No doubting that mate, the whole Abarth range is very much fashionable. Always have been, right back to the old 500 and MiraFiore.

That's what I mean about them and the MiTo being almost like a boutique car rather than an actual hot-hatch or warm-hatch.

Your forgetting one thing

The 500 Abarth is an incredibly cool car .

No one said the opposite, it is cool and I do agree, but is it as fast and as fun to drive as a clio? Of course not and personally speaking that was my priority when I was looking for a car and that's exactly why I bought the clio. The fact that the 500s are extremely common is a put off factor for me as well.

Again, I can totally understand people's frustration when it comes to that, I guess if someone doesn't use the car like it's meant to, sooner or later they will get bored. FACT

I don't know, I reckon on a track or down a nice road a 133 would more then hold it's own.

I know one thing though, I'd like to see the battle!!! :smiley:

Dont be fooled by the 133's cutesy looks. The things is truly awesome at munching up the B roads. I love taking ours to work everyday.

Makes going to work feel like a rally stage lol.

Similar Thread Suggestions