im getting bored of my clio 197

and i think its cos of 3 reasons;

because its black :worried: i want some colour in my life

i miss my 172

and lack of 'playing' with it worrying about de-valuing it :worried:

wat to do.....

Take it out on a good B road and thrash the pants of it (legally) of course and see what you will be missing

from the sounds of things id say ur best getting shot of it, no point hanging on to something tht u dont enjoy and is depreciating so rapidly, go back to 172 and 182

1) You'll always devalue your car when you modify it - those who think it increases the value are delusional.

2) You miss the rawness of the 172 I guess, you'll miss the step up in quality and composure the 197 offers.

3) You may be looking for 'reasons' because you just want another car - in case sell up.

Also agree with Roy - Such composed cars when it comes to B-Road drives.

I've seen a black one every morning for the last week and it's making me want it BADLY

Regarding mods devaluing the car.....well meh really. It's no different to spending money on any other hobby, just have to keep the cars long enough to be happy you've had your moneys worth.

Get a car with a turbo an you'll never be bored reason I sold the 200 gets boring after a while just dosent give you the power you need of throwing you in to you seat. The handlings great on the Clio that's it

I never said anything bad about the megane so why the digs?just told him to get a turbo car. The meganes only good if you do track days cause the handlings better than the vxr and I know that but looks wise it's no were near as nice looking as a vxr plus built quality is cheap and nasty all renaults are had mines for 8 months and had over 3 grand of work done to it tells you something and it was my first renault and I would never go back an the vxr is faster far more people would look at a vxr than the megane R26 and you can do a few mods to the vxr which wouldn't make it far off the handling of the megane.

And I'm not on here to argue with people cause I'm on here alot but for the cheap digs for nothing I think it's bang out

Last edited:
I never said anything bad about the megane so why the digs?just told him to get a turbo car. The meganes only good if you do track days cause the handlings better than the vxr and I know that but looks wise it's no were near as nice looking as a vxr plus built quality is cheap and nasty all renaults are had mines for 8 months and had over 3 grand of work done to it tells you something and it was my first renault and I would never go back an the vxr is faster far more people would look at a vxr than the megane R26 and you can do a few mods to the vxr which wouldn't make it far off the handling of the megane

You're on a renault forum slagging off renaults and you wonder why you got the reaction you did? Typcal VXR owner!

Once again - how's the understeer?

LOL@ Build quality - sat in a VXR which was side by side with an R26 - no way is the VXR interior 'leagues' better - chavvy as hell cars - give my either the R26 for LSD goodness or an ST for the 5 cylinder noise / torque anyday!

Never slagged the Renault of at my first post said the handling great my Clio was nice and I did like it but unfortunate everything went wrong with it but people do have opinions. And I understand you have yours I could go on all night about the megane but can't be bothered have better things to do than sit on a forum and argue over cars lol

aw well guys am no bothered back on topic I would say go for a turbo car but I your thinking of going back to 182 or 172 and your really in to your renaults I would agree with the guys on the R26 go for something with a turbo plus you can also tune it

Similar Thread Suggestions