Fuel duty will go up by 3p in August

I just put £60 in my van @144.9

So, just because they way things are at the moment, if oil shoots up, fuel could go up another 4/5p before the 3p rise anyway.

So won't be long before it's like 1.60 to put in my van.

It's a rip off...I wonder how long it is again before lorry drivers start blockading and stuff...

its getting a joke all this tax on a tax.....it will only be for the rich soon

utter and total joke :swear::swear::swear::swear::swear:

If I'm reading this right it looks like fuel consumption in this country has dropped from 30 million litres in 1998 to 20 million litres in 2010. Even taking more fuel efficient cars into account, this is a hell of a drop! Could the pump prices (and tax) be behind this drop?

Well I was working it out for the Z I currently pay 146.9 for super.. this will become 1.50 basically...

Also road tax is going up by 3% (Rate of inflation) so road tax will rise from £460 to £475 also..

That means the road tax for the Clio will rise about £7-8 a year also..

Also note that the Z has an 70 litre tank and that you get 21MPG.. stop complaining! :-p

It's different when it's your business...

I probably put an extra tenner in my van a week, don't earn that back tho.

Every one should stop paying the insurance road tax everything else and lets see what they do then can't lock us all up lol

Gah, it's still cheaper than Vodka.

I'd rather see them take £25 per week off the skivers (not genuine claimants) which would probably save enough to take 25p off each Litre... I still don't understand how it's actually even legal for them to charge Tax on top of Tax, but then again thems makes the rules.

Still, the extra ~£200 per annum thanks to the increase in the PAYE threshold will go someway to balancing it out.

It's a rip off...I wonder how long it is again before lorry drivers start blockading and stuff...

Given they were last complaining when it went past £1, I reckon the haulage companies have something dodgy going on they were 'going bankrupt' at £1, I can't see how they can survive with £1.60. If indeed it is as bad as they said it was...

£56 for 3/4 of a tank last night! I am sure it was about £45 to fill when I bought her!!

:uk: < LMFAO

Given they were last complaining when it went past £1, I reckon the haulage companies have something dodgy going on they were 'going bankrupt' at £1, I can't see how they can survive with £1.60. If indeed it is as bad as they said it was...

Most compaines run on fuel cards, we use Shell and we get some kind of rebate at the end of the financial year that goes off how much we use... Currently I put 100 Litres PER DAY in my truck which at the station nearest to us was £146.90 this morning... Considering there's 20 trucks at my depot, plus another 35 in the fleet, plus the company cars, I reckon we're spending at least £5,000 PER DAY on the stuff Mon-Fri.

We really must get a good rebate. :smiley:

Most compaines run on fuel cards, we use Shell and we get some kind of rebate at the end of the financial year that goes off how much we use... Currently I put 100 Litres PER DAY in my truck which at the station nearest to us was £146.90 this morning... Considering there's 20 trucks at my depot, plus another 35 in the fleet, plus the company cars, I reckon we're spending at least £5,000 PER DAY on the stuff Mon-Fri.

We really must get a good rebate. :smiley:

Haha! Yeah it is just me being cynical, but you get the idea, it is now 60% more than back then (or will be), either the costs have been passed on to the customer, or there is something that we aren't aware of... :wiz: LOL!

We are all getting a tax allowance increase should be about £200-£300 per year thus meaning this should go some way to sorting this increase out if only in part .

Not all bad .

I think everything has gone up really, it's just that £1 was a big barrier to go through. The next time we see any protests of that sort will be if/when it reaches the £2 barrier. I think around 60% of our operating costs are fuel now. We even tried buying it in bulk at 10,000L per time but that only worked out around 3P/Litre cheaper so now we just use that tank as reserve... Incase everybody does a blockade!!! :smiley:

We used to be able to get the Shell Drivers Club points out of it but they've stopped it on trade cards now, which is a damn shame because I was getting over £100 in fuel vouchers every year on mine hahaha!!! Apparently, people who have a BP trade card can still get Nectar points on their personal cards with every purchase. If we change to BP then I'll be getting a Nectar...

Jesus Roy that's depressing!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17442946

theres a link to work out how much worse/better you will be off. Apparently I'll be £66 a year better off...£5.50 a month woo!

You're being ripped off, we work out £306.97 better off over the year!!! :smiley: Only £26.22 worse off fuel-wise, not too bad...

Just a shame we lost the Working Tax Credit back in January, babies are expensive. :smiley:

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions