Fuel duty will go up by 3p in August

I bought my 197 on the 14th january this year, the first petrol i put in was 127.9p per litre.

Today i've put some in 135.9p per litre.

Thats 8ppl in 67 days, getting beyond a joke.

36p per gallon roy. :swear:

The thing that pisses me off is that the amount of oil discovered in reserves goes up and up every year. They tell us prices rise due to the shortage and they also tell us oil will run out in 20 years or whatever but it's all rubbish!

Also, apparently petrol and diesel is ~2 euros per litre in parts of france, that works out a fair bit more than what we pay

The thing that pisses me off is that the amount of oil discovered in reserves goes up and up every year. They tell us prices rise due to the shortage and they also tell us oil will run out in 20 years or whatever but it's all rubbish!

Also, apparently petrol and diesel is ~2 euros per litre in parts of france, that works out a fair bit more than what we pay

I was in france a few weeks ago and unleaded could be had for 1 euro 54 and the exchange rate was good at same time, worked out at something like £1.19 litre.

plus the French don't pay road tax, most of Europe doesn't pay road tax

Welcome to rip off Britain!!!

Just goes to show how poorly managed the UK has been over the past 10 years, we are the most heavily taxed nation yet still don't have any money and are massively indebtted. I cannot believe they (MP's) are allowed to get away with it!!!!! Scum!

Maybe this should be for another thread but;

Have you seen the gov'ts latest 'idea' to send statements out to everyone in the UK detailing how their tax is spent, not only is this idea a bad eoungh waste of money. ~40% of it goes on welfare with suprisingly little on health, education, you know the stuff that matters....

:@

I did the BBC online checker and it said that by the end of the year I'd be £120 better off. But I don't know really. It's going to be difficult for me to see an extra £10 a month! ha ha!

3p tax increase will be more than that at the pump once the *******s at shell make there extra bit.3p becomes 7p.

At least I don't smoke, saw that went up 35p for 20 death sticks. Worked out my boss and his wife will spend almost £6k a year on the new prices. Sounds a lot but that 20 a day each.

Similar Thread Suggestions