"Front Splitter Idea"

hi all

basically i like the soft front rubber splitter on my 197 but i wish it was a touch bigger/longer like on most tarmac set rally cars...

i don't want to just extend my OEM one as you'll see the join so i was wondering if anyone had any bright ideas??? materials???

i think as much as another inch will look sweet and pull the look of the front end down

all thoughts welcome,cheers

scott

The splitter of the tce also know as the jase splitter mate would lower the front looks tidy aswell I have one in my loft I bought for my Clio Sx as a spear.
d058ac5cd941925a80adb5cc9ffd525a.gif
5ddc83f2e8d4f84dbe270aa1a2f7f0a5.gif

Hope this helps bud

some of mine with the jase splitter...
unpainted...
31708030.jpg
painted...
newfront016.jpg
IMG_2883a.jpg
41009025a.jpg
god i miss her :worried:

I have the same thoughts. Just wish there was an extension to the bumper of another inch or so, then the rubber splitter. Thats all it needs imo. Not a fan of the TCE extension

^^The unpainted one.

i'll be honest josh,thats not my cup of tea,cheers though

i'm after something OEM looking ish,just a tad longer

Put one of those on unpainted frank, it'll look like what your wanting.

I have a Arai Motorsport front rubber splitter left over from my old Impreza. It sounds like exactly the sort of thing your after.

I intend to fit it to mine one day when I finally get round to removing the bumper to spray my intercooler.

Might be worth experimenting with something like a garage door draft strip or similar, as they tend to be a simple strip of rubber about an inch wide.

If that works or gives the desired effect then you could upgrade to something similar to what I have.

I have a Arai Motorsport front rubber splitter left over from my old Impreza. It sounds like exactly the sort of thing your after.

I intend to fit it to mine one day when I finally get round to removing the bumper to spray my intercooler.

Might be worth experimenting with something like a garage door draft strip or similar, as they tend to be a simple strip of rubber about an inch wide.

If that works or gives the desired effect then you could upgrade to something similar to what I have.

the arai motorsport front rubber splitter is exactly what i was thinking of fmp,got the idea from watching some old subaru irish tarmac rallying on tv

yeah a bit of draft strip would do the trick and keep things nice and cheap,i'll keep my eyes peeled for some or something similar

might be a bit tricky cutting it neatly mind,think i need about a 2" strip so that i can hold it to the OEM splitter to see what it looks like,might even get away with fastening it to the original splitter somehow if it doesn't sit to proud of the bumper,cheers bud

Not sure if I'm a fan of either of them yet but just a few ideas

Cupra one actually looks quite decent there, I'm seriously tempted to do it. But I don't think I would, just because it's literally been done to death on everything!

cheers mason,yeah seen both of them before,as said the cupra has been done so many times and to be fair i'm not keen on it anyway,looks a bit dated now,love the second splitter though bud,think i'm just going to try and make a nice cheap rally look splitter first,see what that looks like

cheers mason,yeah seen both of them before,as said the cupra has been done so many times and to be fair i'm not keen on it anyway,looks a bit dated now,love the second splitter though bud,think i'm just going to try and make a nice cheap rally look splitter first,see what that looks like

Yeah sounds like a good idea mate, haven't seen anything like that yet would be a nice change to the rs splitter.

just ordered a rubber neoprene strip from delta rubber,1.5mm thick x 75mm wide x 5m,don't obviously need 5 meters but thats the length it comes in so should get to goes at it,ha

now the problem is,how do i attach it to the oem splitter,bond it or rivets like a tarmac rally car?.... i'm thinking bond to keep it looking slightly oem

btw the rubber strip was £20 with postage and vat included for anyone who's interested so if it looks sh!t then hey ho,back to oem we go!!!

Last edited:
I'd bond it on mate like u said would keep it looking oem and a little cleaner, hopefully won't stick out far off the original lip. Looking forward to seeing what it turns out like mate