Followed home tonight...

Not sure if this could be related to the recent spate of thefts in the Nottingham area but someone tried to follow me home tonight.

Was most of the way home when a Corsa SRi wheelspun out of a petrol station as I went past - only reason I noticed to be honest. At first just thought it was some tw*t pulling out into traffic. Naturally I kept an eye on them in case they were driving up my arse but they never did.

Travelled another couple of miles to the local supermarket and went to do the food shopping and get petrol, then about 45mins later I set on the way home. Noticed the Corsa again parked on the opposite side of the road - again didn't really think that much of it because they were parked next to a Vauxhall garage, so no reason to think otherwise.

I set off down the road and it splits into four lanes, 2 go left and 2 go right, I was heading left when I noticed the Corsa steaming down the right hand lane and then cutting in one car back - which is when alarm bells started to ring.

To be cautious I decided to drive further on and do a bit of a long winded loop back towards home and low and behold the Corsa was still behind me about 10mins later - obviously I'm positive I'm being followed now so I slow down to try and get a look but they're one car back, all I could tell that there were 2 men, white, didn't look young but couldn't really tell much more.

Decided at this point to head back to a quicker road - managed to boot it round a couple of roundabouts and 360 down the other side of a dual carriageway and lose them.

It was a Black Corsa SRi - Reg was KF04 Y xx (didn't get the whole plate unfortunately). Must have been the 1.4 version because when I opened up I left them for dead pretty easily.

Like I said not sure if it is related to the other missing cars recently, but if you're in Notts just be careful and keep your eyes out when travelling home. I was half tempted to pull over and get out but you never know if the clowns could have weapons or something. Could have lost my shopping and a full tank of petrol as well as the car, lols.

Reported to the Police but obviously didn't get the whole reg and the car could've been stolen.

F*ckers :jedi:

Last edited:
Put the car in the garage if you can, steering lock, CCTV, other cars that are in the family? park very close to your clio, i dont know your situation but dont make this easy for anyone trying to rob it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve S, good spot and hopefully nothing will escalate. Keep your eyes open and if there's a next time take a detour to the ''filth'' station.

In my experience even with a full reg, accurate descriptions of driver and passenger, car colour manufacturer and model the police will still most likely do f'all.

I had two rossers literally tell me this to my face, they don't give a ship unless they see a crime themselves. Ignoring that in this case technically they were doing nothing wrong.

Sadly until some tries or succeeds in taking the car they will file it all away in a circular metalic container labled b i n.

Its a sad sad world we are living in. Infact am off away on holiday shortly and the car is going to be parked in a friends warehouse tucked away as am too scared to leave it at home all week. Even thou my mate is house sitting the little clio will be having a holiday too.

Keep ya eyes open mate and more info the better so the police can find them if anything happens. It might have just been someone who mistook you for someone else, ya never know.

I live in a block of flats so it's electronic gated and entry by fob only. Not too worried to be honest. I rarely park in my actual space either because people just park anywhere, so they'd never know which number I live at anyway.

I don't expect the police to be able to do anything with the info to be honest, just thought I'd report it just in case really. They never really followed that close so it was difficult to get any more info to be honest. It's all good though because I lost them, just hope it isn't related to the other thefts and they don't hassle anyone else!

Thought I'd stick it on here in case it is these same guys following people home and then stealing the keys from the house a couple of days later!

Well done on shaking them off your tail! Can never be too sure now a days! It's sad to hear about all the thefts going on down your way! I'm quite lucky up here as there ain't much car thefts. :smile:

Thread tidied up.

Less arguing lads.

I just want to clear why i said what i said.. If was offensive to my family and the guy was out of order. And Noddie you know and all the other older regular members know that i don't often cause 'trouble' :wink:

It's a worry to us all.On two occasions now I think mine as been targeted but thanks to beadie eyed neibours they have been put off

Glad you managed to shake them off your tail and loose them, it's always a bit nerve racking when people follow u for long periods of time as you never know wt they are up to or if they are just thinking it's a person who they know or eyeing up to nik ur car. Touch wood my area is relatively quiet and save in Hampshire and either keep it locked up in garage or on driveway but with all these thefts and clio sports getting broken into makes me wonder should I start looking at a tracker but they r alot of money and may never come in handy, may do, it's swings and roundabouts. I hope these crimes don't escalate :worried: :worried: :worried:

Of the Clios that have been stolen, have they been used in crime or stolen to order? I would imagine used for robberies.

I just can't understand why they pick the Clio..

If they want a get away car for robberies there's plenty of faster cars out there!

I just can't understand why they pick the Clio..

If they want a get away car for robberies there's plenty of faster cars out there!

Relatively inconspicuous to 99% of the population, pretty tough, no owners have trackers, easy to drive fast.

Relatively inconspicuous

That I would debate. I've had more comments in the 3 weeks I've had the Clio than I had in 5 years of Focus ST ownership I enjoyed before, and the ST wasn't exactly subtle with stripes, BBS CH rims, stainless exhaust etc. Even my 91 year old neighbour came out and commented on it and I hadn't spoke to him in years.

Similar Thread Suggestions