• Yes, I would have a paddle shifter

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • No, it would ruin the car

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Adrian

Platinum Legend
Platinum Member
If Renault were to give you the option of a flappy paddle gearbox on the next Clio, would you tick the box?

A few advantages come to mind - easier around town, still have manual control when you wish to boot it, can keep both hands on wheel, and fuel saving are just a few.

Opinions please

It would really depend on how good the box is, my idea of flappy gearbox's is that they should be manual up/down just without a clutch. At no point should the computer decide you need another gear up or down when in sport mode.

If they made that Id buy it instantly

Having driven a DSG Goft GTi (it was just a 10 minute spin) I found the DSG to be quite boring. Great when stuck in traffic but boring when flooring it.

As I match the revs when changing down, the DSG didn't like me at all!!!!!

Manual is more fun and as I bought the clio primarily for the fun factor, I wouldn't go flappy paddle.

PS. I haven't had any problems with my gearbox and I've had the car 2 1/2 years. What sort of problems do other have?

Having driven a DSG Goft GTi (it was just a 10 minute spin) I found the DSG to be quite boring. Great when stuck in traffic but boring when flooring it.

Manual is more fun and as I bought the clio primarily for the fun factor, I wouldn't go flappy paddle.

PS. I haven't had any problems with my gearbox and I've had the car 2 1/2 years. What sort of problems do other have?

See here: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15851

Then theres the people on the RS forums that arent on here

i used to have DSG in my edition 30 and it was brilliant. I kept it in manual all the time and loved it, the way you can hammer round bends and change gear while holding the steering wheel was great. I love manual too and i really like the notchy 200 gearbox, but if there was an option for flappy paddles in the 200 i would be seriously tempted.

I need to drive the DSG more as 10 minutes was not enough. This was just my first impresssion. People also say that about the 197/200 until they learn to drive it!!!!!!