Flappy paddle

Just buy a new clio lol.

Seriously though, doubt it because the gear stick is linked to the gearbox and there's northing automatic about it so it would surely have to be one hell of a modification to do it even if it's possible which I doubt.

You could fit a sadav box from a clio cup race car and then have the conversion to have the paddles on the wheel. Would cost you the best part of £8k though!

[MENTION=4906]Matt W[/MENTION] why do you think it's a worse box?

I thought you said before that you liked the idea of being able up cruise to work with it in full auto?
I loved the test drive; wouldn't swap the 200 for one though

@Matt W why do you think it's a worse box?

I thought you said before that you liked the idea of being able up cruise to work with it in full auto?

I'm going to be trying one out on Wednesday. However the boxes on the MK3's are not exactly the best!

I'm going to be trying one out on Wednesday. However the boxes on the MK3's are not exactly the best!

My thoughts exactly, works really well until it breaks and your left with a hefty repair bill.

But at the same time to be fair I dont suppose the 200T has been out long enough for people to rack up tens of thousands of miles so this new one could have problems too, hope not though! :'(

Why would you want flappy paddles. A stick shift is far more fun. If you want to get the flappy paddle noise (Throttle blips) then just master rev matching. I had a go in a AMG black edition and the only bad thing about the car was the flappy paddles, just seem to electronic and not mechanical enough for me.

Why would you want flappy paddles. A stick shift is far more fun. If you want to get the flappy paddle noise (Throttle blips) then just master rev matching. I had a go in a AMG black edition and the only bad thing about the car was the flappy paddles, just seem to electronic and not mechanical enough for me.

Ive used the paddles once on mine since I've had it, not that bothered about them tbh, stick it in Sport or Race and its drives amazingly in auto.

And yeah for a lot of people it does take the fun out but personally just suits me and I like the power without having to do much :rofl:

@Matt W why do you think it's a worse box?

From the reviews the auto gearbox is still slow. Would only have an auto in something that is fit for it like the F-type etc.

I know what your saying, but in the real world: unless your stig on your commute and country road blast you won't really notice it, I found it okay; obv there's that slight delay, but it's not a bad delay like a c2 vtr/vts, you can get out and get under the car to change gear quicker.

Thr Clios delay is literally not even half a second.

From the reviews the auto gearbox is still slow. Would only have an auto in something that is fit for it like the F-type etc.

Going from reviews I see why you said that, Tiff Needell absolutely slated it tbh. Think you have to drive one to see if its for you. Fast road driving the gear box is great changes down/up more than quick enough.. doing J turns ect an auto is never going to perform well IMO. Driving normally down the road and it opens up or whatever plant your foot it changes nice and quickly to the best gear and you take of like a rocket.

I cant wait to see whats its like next to a normal 200 in a straight line, feels so much faster from the inside.. I'll have to have a play on the way out to Nurburgring with the others lol.
[MENTION=4323]Gez[/MENTION] has hit the nail on the head in the real world it completely different to professional driver hammering on a track or airfield.

Same as the fifth gear thing I saw the other day when they where comparing a GT86 and Megane 265, how is that even comparable?

Last edited:
Hi
paddle gearshifts only really quick in race mode but you loose that great traction control for the wet when selecting race mode . As for the gearbox I've had mine fault twice into external gearbox sensor overheat when I've been giving it some beans , so don't hold out for a gearbox that's going to handle much more than the standard 200 horse

Hi
paddle gearshifts only really quick in race mode but you loose that great traction control for the wet when selecting race mode . As for the gearbox I've had mine fault twice into external gearbox sensor overheat when I've been giving it some beans , so don't hold out for a gearbox that's going to handle much more than the standard 200 horse

Thats annoying, at least we are only talking sensors lol, wonder if it is a one off or to be a common thing.

I know what your saying, but in the real world: unless your stig on your commute and country road blast you won't really notice it, I found it okay; obv there's that slight delay, but it's not a bad delay like a c2 vtr/vts, you can get out and get under the car to change gear quicker.

Thr Clios delay is literally not even half a second.

I can't really comment until i've driven one tbh. Too bad I don't think Renault will ever let me test drive one!

The only auto car I have driven was a Ibiza cupra with DSG and I hated it.

Similar Thread Suggestions