Flacsi's Racing Red 197

PM sent about price details.
Based on Simo's experience, its the perfect tires for our little one, due to the weight of the RS, last longer than R888, manages the heat better as well.

I used R888s for 2 years on tracks, liked them a lot, but always want to try new tires, so lets see :smile:

Guys, 3 track days on the pipeline: 14th Sep Hungaroring, 27th Sep Slovakiaring, 22nd Oct Pannoniaring, so I started to think which pads to opt for this time.
Decided to write to the technical guy at Ferodo with the following questions:

• Is it worth the cash to go for DS3000 or DS1.11? Or stay with DS2500?
• Does it make sense to use performance pads on the rear as well or enough to use them on front(what I have done until now)

Let me copy his answer here, hope you also find it useful:

"Thanks for your note and for the support of our products.

For you question, it really depends on what you need from your brake pads. DS2500 is our "track day material" and it is perfectly capable for light track use. However I am certain you will see a significant difference passing to DS3000 - significantly higher friction.

Moving to DS3000 --> DS1.11 you probably won't get too much more friction, but the pads are less prone to fade and will last longer. I suspect that you might not see fade anyway with the DS3000, in which case you might stay with the DS3000. Just for your info, the Clio Cup Group N championship uses DS1.11.

Rears. You can see an advantage but it is obviously not as critical as with the front axle. DS2500 would be the upgrade to go for if you did want more out of the rear.

I would say in summary that, possibly the best "package" for someone like you who was moving towards high end track day use and looking for something a bit more pure racing that a good package could be DS3000 front/DS2500 rear.

You may even find there is an economic advantage to DS1.11 - they will be more expensive but will last longer."

Last edited:
I use CL RC8's on my racer. The difference fromDS2500 was massive! I have a ate who uses DS1.11 and he doesn't rate them as much. They are VERY hard though, and would be awful on a road car

Does anyone can confirm the part number for the rear brake pads pls?

based on Ferodo website the DS 2500 part nr is FDS541, however what I found instead are: FDB1491 and FQT1491, strange...

your help appreciated here!

I would say you want FCP1491 for a rear DS2500.

I just looked at a few of the local UK suppliers for our cars and they list FCP1491, then when Googling I found a result for Ferodo racing: https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...ng.it/scheda/pastiglia/cod/FCP541&prev=search

The 541 and 1491 are 'interchangeable' but the 1491 is the one listed for the Clio III RS.

Thanks Rich for your help here!
I also found this link useful, hope will help you as well in the future:
http://ecat.ferodoracing.com/car-tuning/brake-pads/FDS541

Bought the brake pads yesterday, bit strange situation for the rear and for the front as well :worried:

Ferodo link says non-racing pads - i bet DS2500 - part nr is FDS 541, but the only one which is available here is FDB1491.
So I armed myself with the exact size of the FDS541 and measured the FDB1491 and the 2 looks like identical to each other, so we will see when installing later this week

21036694509_77b7e30f22_h.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

Last edited:
Strange the way the fronts say Ferodo Racing DS2500 (but should be DS3000), and the rears say just Ferodo (but should I guess say Ferodo Racing DS2500)...! I'm torn between DS1.11 and XP10's for my next pad, but I think I'll go XP10 because at least I know what I'm getting!!

Thats my point........:smile: The pads in your picture are not labelled as stated. Look at the fronts, number FCP1667, clearly says DS2500 on it!! And the rear, clearly doesnt say racing or DS2500!!!
---
you edited your post so ignore the above, you see what I was getting at now. Not sure why they wouldn't match but it's maybe just generic backing materials. Lots of guys run DS2500's front on here - have a look to see if you can find some pics of those.

Last edited:
Wow... Can you find out, how it works with a UK retailer, pls?

As this is the only racing pad, what ferodo suggest to Clio III, I am totally surprised now :worried:

[MENTION=1224]Flacsi[/MENTION], sorry to say you have the wrong pads.

FCP1667H are DS2500
FCP1667R are DS3000

I will check rears now

and possibly the wrong rears too........

FCP1491H are DS2500 rear

you seem to have FBD1491, what I think are OEM replacement compound

you seems to be right! Good spot, many thx for it!!!!

Ok, no panic I can bring these pads back to retailer! But I need to sort out to get the R version till this Friday.
Wqaiting for the update on the rears, let me make some calls to sort this out!

I love this forum and the knowledge what you guys are having here, amazing!!!

TB Rich should go on Mastermind, chosen subject RS ( or just every car on the planet too ). Mind blows how much you know. I don't get half of it but impressive nonetheless :smile:

you seems to be right! Good spot, many thx for it!!!!

Ok, no panic I can bring these pads back to retailer! But I need to sort out to get the R version till this Friday.
Wqaiting for the update on the rears, let me make some calls to sort this out!

I love this forum and the knowledge what you guys are having here, amazing!!!

Yeah man no worries, I just noticed it in the picture and thought it was strange.... :smile:

TB Rich should go on Mastermind, chosen subject RS ( or just every car on the planet too ). Mind blows how much you know. I don't get half of it but impressive nonetheless :smile:

lol, more like just too much time on my hands I think!