Flacsi's Racing Red 197

Yes, @Yiannis: AST changed the design, there is an L bracket on mine:worried:
ordered the OZ ultras 17" 8J ET55 in white, hope will work with it, as these wheels are not on stock, was unable to try&fit before ordering :worried:
if not working, I would have to order spacers and bolts, which would be an extra cost again:worried:

honestly a bit fed up, only feel the bad side of this upgrade: has to invest further €1k on wheels, have to borrow wheels even to try the AST, can not lift her with a normal jack...
Look at the bright side of it, You'll have wider and lower stance and the wheels are noticeably lighter too :smile: which you should be able to feel at WOT. And once You set up suspension geometry and hit the track you'll forget about minor issues.

guys, finally OZ ultras arrived today at 6am!!! Started at the garage at 8am, installed, tweaked the AST, so the Ultras are fine in both full lock position! Reached Hungaroring at 10am and had 2 rides with the AST and OZs - and with the 8 years old sportmaxxes and oem brembo pads, but I could not be happier :smile:

18926897460_1277b47d51_h.jpgOZ Ultras by Fl@csi, on Flickr

18928462709_12c9c964c5_h.jpgOZ Ultras by Fl@csi, on Flickr

18493960933_86ba9f28d4_h.jpgOZ Ultras by Fl@csi, on Flickr

Guys, with the OEM Dunlop Sportmaxxes and OEM brembo pads I did 2:26 min on Hungaroring, which is promising if I compare it to my year 2012 times of 2:31 min, when the car was full fat, without any mods, so artificially the AST/OZ Ultras/Quaffie/weight reduction gives at least 5 sec.

So I have to invest into new sets tyres, for sure, the possibilities:
- Dunlop direzza 03g - strongly recommended by [MENTION=3629]simo[/MENTION]ximo
- Toyo R888 - already used, PB is 2:21 min
- Yoko A048 - 10% pricier than the avg semis
- Hankook Z221 - could not find any review yet

Any experinece of the above tyres or Avon tyres, pls?

cheers

The Advan A048 are excellent (A050 are even better if you can get them), & definitely much better than the R888.
Nitto NT01 are excellent too.
No experience with the others you mentioned.

Guys, idiots are among us :worried: Yesterday evening went for a joyride to the nearest hills around Budapest. Was about to come home when I catch up a grey Panamera. I thought it will be a good fun to cross Pilis hill! So we started, sooner he let me pass, OK, he wants me to go first, I started to push, Porsche was coming nicely behind me, pace was good, I enjoyed it! Reached the village, I let him pass, so he can lead for the second part of the hill run! He stopped the car and come over -120kg body builder - to me and started to hit me over the window!!!! ****ing idiot :worried:

Guys, idiots are among us :worried: Yesterday evening went for a joyride to the nearest hills around Budapest. Was about to come home when I catch up a grey Panamera. I thought it will be a good fun to cross Pilis hill! So we started, sooner he let me pass, OK, he wants me to go first, I started to push, Porsche was coming nicely behind me, pace was good, I enjoyed it! Reached the village, I let him pass, so he can lead for the second part of the hill run! He stopped the car and come over -120kg body builder - to me and started to hit me over the window!!!! ****ing idiot :worried:

Not cool!
I assume you're ok though?

sorry to hear that mate, not cool at all.

I wouldn't bother with the carbon bits, the weight saving is not that great to justify the price anyway.

Summer here guys, with over 35 C, Dunlop Direzza 03G are on the way thanks to [MENTION=3629]simo[/MENTION] and Ferodo DS3000 pads as well, getting ready for fall!

When removing the A/C and its compressor, with what are you replacing the compressor console?

hülye!