Finally Bilstein B14 for 197/200!

Used them in dry today!! Hand on my heart, I can corner now the local round about quicker than did in the spec c sti! The car grips and it all stays lovely and flat. Body roll is massively reduced! Can't wait get it on track

Chris, when are you going to try it on track, pls? I am about to invest into it, as I have a non-cup 197, mainly using on track-days, so really keen to know your experience!

Last edited:
Also keen for feedback on road and on track particularly Vs previous set up if you had alternative aftermarket suspension.

Not next week the week after.

without going on track these will be massive improvement over non cup suspenion.

Ive done some driving on these now and they are really easy to live with. The ride if fine is not really any worse than the cup set up. Let's face it cup suspenion at 30k
plus and 5 years old dampers aren't going be best anyway.

if on bumpy road know about it more but sadly be same with any coilover.

The he main difference I feel all time it how flat the car stays under cornering which is what wanted as for me the cup suspenion really struggled once added semi slicks tyres

[MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION]... do you have these in stock?

just I've got a trackday booked for next Sunday and it would be nice if they were here before that.

cheers

[MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION]... do you have these in stock?

just I've got a trackday booked for next Sunday and it would be nice if they were here before that.

cheers

I've got a fresh batch on order so hopefully will arrive on Tuesday. I'll pm you on Monday and confirm if it's possible

I've fitted those today and I've got a strange issue. I'm getting a sort of clicking/knocking noise from the front under hard braking. And similar noise occurs when accelerating after hard braking stop.
When driving normally - no noises.
Any ideas what should I check? The car is currently lowered all the way down in front and back.
Also, any suggestion - what would be an ideal lowering rates for a track day setup? How low should I go in front and back?
Any advise is highly appreciated.

I'd raise it! They are only tuv approved for 20mm lower than stock. Slamming it down like that will ruin the handling, driveshafts will be pointing up and all sorts

Agree with Gaz it needs raising. Modern coilovers will go way lower that you really should. The knocking noise will either be the Bumpstops or your wheel hitting the arch liner, either way it's not good, dampers and springs actually need some travel to do their job.

Fully raised but still no joy :worried: It still loudly clicks whenever I stop a car applying hard braking. If I stop softly - no clicks. I can replicate this sound even when moving very slow and braking hard to a stand still.
Interesting fact, once I'm softly pulling away right after I heard a click - no sound appears. But if I pull away aggressively - it clicks again.
Feels like something some part of the suspension is moving under hard load (braking/acceleration). We've re-tightened all the bolts. I've spent all day trying to understand where this sound is coming from - no luck.
I'm really depressed and I'd appreciate any advise regarding this matter. Next step for me would be removing b14s and putting my stock setup back on.
P.S. Sorry for my bad English.

Does it do it when cornering hard? Under big compressions? Or is it just forward and backwards motions?

Went on a track today as well - just to test it. And yes, it does those clicks when cornering hard. Especially when I apply throttle going into the corner.
So it's not just forward and backwards motions - it just the easiest way to replicate the clicking sound.