Finally Bilstein B14 for 197/200!

I'd take a look at top mounts first then, seems pretty common on these cars from the number of threads I've seen on them.

Take a look at Madeno or [MENTION=150]simoxmino[/MENTION] for a spherical mount setup suitable for Bilstein setup.

Check they need replacing first, if they do I'd fit the uprated ones - but of course you could just stick new standard ones in.

Might not be the mounts but got to be worth a look first.

I think los of us are in the same shoes or on the same path: building our cars for time-attacks/track-days.

Based on what made your decision on Bilstein B14, pls?
http://www.bilstein.de/en/products/s.../bilstein-b14/

its a ride height adjustable coilover used in Toyota GT86 TRD also, pretty similar to KW V1, it cost around €1k

the next step: parallel setting of the rebound and compression phases, like Bilstein B16 and KW V3, cost around €1.8k

the final step is the clubsport, from €2.4k

So do we need a coilover, which only lowers our car OR if we invest, would it be better to invest more so we can change the rebound and compressions also?
Or its all about money, again?

I think los of us are in the same shoes or on the same path: building our cars for time-attacks/track-days.

Based on what made your decision on Bilstein B14, pls?
http://www.bilstein.de/en/products/s.../bilstein-b14/

its a ride height adjustable coilover used in Toyota GT86 TRD also, pretty similar to KW V1, it cost around €1k

the next step: parallel setting of the rebound and compression phases, like Bilstein B16 and KW V3, cost around €1.8k

the final step is the clubsport, from €2.4k

So do we need a coilover, which only lowers our car OR if we invest, would it be better to invest more so we can change the rebound and compressions also?
Or its all about money, again?

i had them for two reasons.

ive used them before and I know they are a good coilover, don't think go far wrong with Billy's.

Also it's a fit and forget item. Can't mess around with it. Some people have these fully adjustable ones and do they know what they are messing with? In most cases no!

A little late to your problem [MENTION=51010]madlynx[/MENTION] but we had an almost identical noise on a 197 which had bilsteins fitted, it had powerflex bushes on the front arms,
and even though the bolts were slackened and re tightened at the new (lower) ride height it had a very loud metallic clicking under hard braking and acceleration.

We could actually feel the click through the wishbones when the car was on the 4 post ramp and pulled down from the subframe, once we had located the noise we slackened the front wishbone bolts and the noise stopped but once even slightly nipped it returned!

This was finally rectified by undo the front wishbone bush bolts soaking in a sticky lubricant and driving up and down the car park they were then tightened again and the noise has gone since. :smile:

Hi [MENTION=51010]madlynx[/MENTION] it was my own car we at AmD had the noise from I wouldn't rush to change the topmounts, your issue sounds identical to mine, I had the bushes fitted well before, if you've got a decent 13mm ratchet spanner that will fit inbetween the front cradle and subframe you can undo the E-torch bolts that go through the front bushes, try undoing them literally a few turns as they can physically fall out, and then drive it

Does anyone know the range of spring rate used in these?

You can see from the pictures that the springs are progressively wound but only a single rate is given.

For the Eibach lowering springs they give a range of rates for the progressively wound spring.