Ferodo Brake Pads and Hel Stainless Steel Braided Lines

I'am thinking of getting Ferodo Ds2500 Brake Pads all overand Hel Stainless Steel Braided Lines.

The question is guys do you think its worth changing the front discs on the car when i get this done and would everyone agree that OEM discs would be the best option to go for. I have been on the K-tec website and i really like the Clio 3 Rs Black Edition Front Brake Discs. They look really good in black would you guys think they would be a safe option to go for or stick to the OEM Discs.

Any help and comments would be much appreciated guys
Thanks.

Personally i would stick with the OEM Brembo high carbon discs. They are perfectly adequate for fast road and track use..........unless you are literally battering the car round the track everyday.....

Its the pads that would need uprating if anything although alot of people agree that the standard pad is fine and just braided hoses will do.

Personally i went for Mintex 1144 pads and braided hoses. Once warm they are a very good pad i have found and are the same price as the standard ones! I wouldnt go back now.

Thanks alot for your advice Dan much appreciated mate. What braided lines have you used on you 197 mate.

No worries.

I have used the Goodridge braided lines as they are cheaper than the HEL lines.

Im not quite sure why HEL seem to be 20-30quid more, something to do with the fittings supposedly being better or something but in all fairness......i havent noticed the Goodridge ones doing a poor job?

So not sure what argument there is to spend a load more cash on something that only does the literal exact same job!!

I stuck with standard disks and pads as well has HEL braided lines and uprated fluid. Reason I went for standard pads when replacing the first set was cause I thought they were awesome on the road and track.

The biggest problem I found was boiling the brake fluid on the track so thought to up rate it whilst the lines and pads were getting changed over.

Yeah i do agree with you Dan in regards to paying more for an item that performs exactly the same as a cheaper item. The Hel Braided lines where stainless steel and were retailing at £64.95 the Goodridge stainless steel braided lines were retailing at £105.55. Did you have the stainless steel ones fitted or did you have the zinc plated ones fitted Dan. The zinc plated ones retail at £67.15. My first choice was goodridge stainless steel lines but when i saw the hel ones for a fraction of the price and their used by alot of Superbikes it kind of won it for me.

Also thanks Noddie for your advice mate and in regards to the up rated fluid your running what do you recommend for the 197 mate brake fluid wise.

Youve found HEL to be cheaper and i have found them to be more expensive?!

I got my Goodridge stainless steel lines off eBay brand new for £49!!! Never looked back, no corrosion no nothing!

Motul RBF "Something". Cant remember tbh. Will look in the garage tomorrow as I've a few bottle left over.

Dan thats an excellent price mate for the Goodrige stainless steel braided lines the person or company who you bought them off on Ebay are they still operating and do you know if they still stock them.

Noddie thanks alot for the name of the brake fludi mate might have to get myself some of that when i get the brakes done. Nice 1 lads, any of you guys coming to the Clio Sport Saturday Meet at The Heritage Motor Show in Warwickshire?

Last edited:
Im not sure if they are still operating dude, just do a search on eBay for Goodridge 197 or something.

You can get HEL lines for the same price which are stainless and so don't have a chance of corroding, the back lines are a bit long though.

I've heard some stories of goodridge lines failing, would much rather go for HEL lines.

Also, I just bought some DS2500 and found camskill the cheapest :smile:

they are both similar quality but deffo go for HEL they seem to be the best and what most people go for, the back are long as some1 said above but a bit of a bend wont hurt them. DS2500 you wontgo wrong but hope you have los of time for cleaning your wheels as they give off loads of dust.