Feel like poo now lol!!!

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
As anyone on FB may have seen (i'm a FB wh*re) I have been in the NE of Scotland this last week.

I was due to leave there this morning at 2am, but the weather rolled in to our very remote holiday cottage so I decided we'd leave at about 10pm last night. (was in a Scenic belonging to the in-laws)

The weather was utterly atrocious - howling gales and super heavy rain - the single worst conditions I have ever driven in. Took the A9 from Inverness to Perth - that took AGES because every time I went near a puddle, it would crash over the front of the car like it does over the bow of a ship lol!

Then at Perth, the tiredness took over. We had to stop 3 times so I could have naps - it was still howling a gale and lashing it down.

Finally, 13 1/2 hours later (3 1/2 hours longer than normal) we arrived back here in sunny Haywards Heath. I will sleep well tonight lol!

A far cry from 3 years ago when we stayed in the same place....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq01cr4Cgr4&list=UUCNvg276s793BCLSki6vVxQ&index=25&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]
^^TOTALLY amazing holiday!

13 and a half hours, thats a journey of epic proportions Mike, although I'm sure some of our Australian members will tell you thats just a trip to your next door neighbors for a cup of sugar... Lol

Did you get some good star gazing pics tho?

It was about 650 miles. Quite long lol.

Only managed half hour of star gazing as it was blooming cloudy every night lol.

That half hour was amazing though, seen so many stars more than down here. :smile:

Is it because your so old now Mike???
But no it's one hell of a long journey in crap weather get a good nights sleep then you will be ready for work on Monday lol

Last night, I heard the rain lashing against the roof light. Pulling the duvet up helped block out the sound. Glad I wasn't needing to drive in it

Just what you didn't want to hear :lol:

Is it because your so old now Mike???
But no it's one hell of a long journey in crap weather get a good nights sleep then you will be ready for work on Monday lol

It is my age - it never used to be a problem :tongueout:anic:

Last night, I heard the rain lashing against the roof light. Pulling the duvet up helped block out the sound. Glad I wasn't needing to drive in it

Just what you didn't want to hear :lol:

I LOVE it in Scotland when it's like that, I really do. But not nice on the A9 in the middle of the night :s:s:s

A9 is a brilliant road on a good day, got buzzed by a Tornado last time i was on it. Nearly crashed watching it. Alot of crashes on that road, cant have been good in bad weather. Cant relax for 2 mins on that road.