Federal RSR Tyres

Gez

Moderator & South Wales Rep
As above, who's used them? If so, what's your thoughts?

Gez

Good tyres. I ran these on the Clio when I first got it and it was standard apart from the Milltek. Got me first place in the inaugural How Fast against Hendersons camed beast and Jonseys megged Clio.

They don't last as long as the AD08'S or the NS -2R when driving hard but they are up at that level. Early batches did suffer from delamination problems but I've not heard of that happening in the last 2 years so they must've sorted all that out.

Overall a very good tyre for the money and I sell quite a few of them with no complaints.

Morning Angel,

thanks for that :smile: sounds promising.
I also heard about the issues the early batches had. I checked the date on the tyres I've bought and they're 1814, I'm sure that means the 18th week in 2014? As long as the 14 is there I'm happy :lol: I know they're not an old batch.

Couple of my friends had bad experiences with the tires. Will try to find the pics in the forum and post it.

I'm thinking about getting them for track day purposes.

I was looking at these last night, but I've gone and ordered some NS-2R's as I wanted to see what the hype was about and several guys said they were ace when I did my last track day.

I've also heard good things about tut Ns-2's, went for the Federal because they look like they'll do a little better in the wet too if I get caught out at the Ring in the wet. They seemed like a safe choice.

Can't be any worse than Syrons in the wet surely? Not that I have actually done anymore than just one more rack evening on them in the summer!

Are you on about those splits in the tyres Raptor?

These are some quotes from our forum:

rearright01a.jpg

Ovo su moje federal DOT 0812

18113d59c82dd772c465cf60df571b63.jpg

20974c83b0c8e6f7a15d487c243dd940.jpg

c0de24dac2a4086f59391f841a72928a.jpg

7670a22aa3e39d5ee7804632a883002a.jpg

eea71d95915ea4df946484d2fe512b14.jpg

Might as well remove them posts tbh Raptor... They're the normal Federal road tyres... Just the normal 595 super steels...
[MENTION=58]Raptor6767[/MENTION]

Last edited:
I know - the first ones are RSR, and have to find a couple more but it's a big forum and search engine is not very good.

I had heard some horror stories about the tread pattern splitting in the early released tyres, as Angel said also. But they were old batches and there haven't been any reported problems in the last 2 years of the splitting/peeling of the tread.

Was it not Merlin (Guy from Aberdeen) that had similar issues.

Was probably just short of 2 years ago IIRC.

That's reassuring it was around the 2 year mark lol.

I did check the dates on mine just to be safe, incase they had been stored for a while.

I was looking on pistonheads and several people mentioned the issue of demlamination with the federals, but as you have said that was early batches. Everyone seems to be giving good feedback on them, so worth a shot!

I had heard some horror stories about the tread pattern splitting in the early released tyres, as Angel said also. But they were old batches and there haven't been any reported problems in the last 2 years of the splitting/peeling of the tread.

This was all in 2014.

Ahhhhh 'eck... And I thought these doubts wouldn't be around lol.

i've had rsr's on mine since the summer.

absolutely love them, good grip when cold, get some tempt into them and they are awesome with out falling off the cliff when pushed hard!

I'm running these. Great tyres however a question for you all?
What pressures should I be running these at on a trackday for optimal performance?

I'd take a guess and say around 27f 25r

when you come back in, get the gauge out and see what they're on then. And if they're too high when they're warm, just drop them a little more.

I've heard of people starting off on 22-23 on cold pressures for a trackday. But that's on 888's ect.

Obviously if your on the road they'll never need to be starting as low as that.

it depends on your driving style, some people run their rears higher than the front at cold temps.

Similar Thread Suggestions