Falling out with the 197

lol funny thread.

I don't think the RS is owned by yuppies and posers as a status symbol.

A Ford is hardy Status is it lol.

My friend sold his to one of the top eng at mclaren f1 as a fun car, and you should see his company car :smile:.

It's not even a fast car even a basic Boxster will walk all over it and you can get a face lift one for 18k.

No hot Hatch is status, you will not see many people earning 60k+ buying a Ford.

I always say if you want a faster car buy one, if you want a faster Ranault buy a RS250 CUP.

I always lusted after faster cars but the Noble is as fast as they come, It does not matter what I come up to, Nitros this, modded that, chipped RS's. my car does the ton in 8 seconds that's twice as quick as any thing Renault make. and half as fast again as a RS.

I think you need to take a Clio for what it is and enjoy it, if you want to go faster you need another car.

Ben R1 - Will do mate, I used to organise a few 'green lane runs' with a 4x4 forum... finding some nice twisty & quick road routes shouldn't be a prob.

Simon - I do agree... The clio is good for a blast, but I wouldn't want to 'tour' in it (i got mine insted of a bike- more likely to come home!). I decided to keep my old 4x4, as is was worth more to me as a second car than in pounds(Tow a caravan, shopping trollie bashes!)... but seems to cost more to insure tpft than my Clio fully comp! ... I am 37 & it is an import!

Liquid d - I agree with your last comment - i.e if not quick enough then... Other-wise, perhaps you are talking from a different sallary bracket than the rest of us?... And why did you buy a Clio then? And if you are not that keen on the ablilities of a Clio 197, why are you on this website? ... stick with your Lister Nobel mates!... or may be you have a carp one!?

Last edited: