Rubber front spoiler keeps falling off! Ideas please!

Hey,

Had the front bumper replaced and painted last week and instead of having the old and slightly knackered front spoiler put on I thought I'd replace it with a new one.

I bought the replacement from Renault parts direct...

http://renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/products/Renault-Clio-197-Spoiler-(Front-Bumper).html

The garage couldn't work out what kept the spoiler on the bumper so I told them to leave it and I'd sort it out. Anyway, I tried fitting it yesterday, starting from the centre and working my way round. I was quite happy with it, but got to work and found that it had fallen off! Luckily I managed to find it on the way home...

8caf69c580f2f2e99d029bb2df8d7599.jpg

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for keeping it on, maybe use some sort of adhesive?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

might be a bad advice but i superglued mine :d i know...you are thinking what a **** but tbh with you i hadnt fallen off in nearly 2 years...

Last edited:
well it will be hidden anyway..just wait till you get more replies with some more creative suggestions and if nothing else works,then you can give it a go...

It's probably not very helpful advice now, since you've already bought it, but the Seat Leon (Cupra?) front spoiler looks fantastic on the Clio - I'm sure I've seen a couple on this forum with it :smiley:

Lol, yeh I thought I'd seen something about that. Just wanted to keep it pretty standard and didn't expect to have any problems.