Falling out with the 197

Just changed my £40 thermostat and added £20 of coolant into the system, and the engine temp is still playing up. Hasnt solved a thing.

Next thing to replace could be the £350 dials. The car has done 6000 very easy miles and goes wrong on an almost weekly basis. Unfortunatly i've had enough and have lost all love for the 197 by now :worried:

Finance is paid off mid year, im think i might have to sell and buy a nice Audi S3 instead.

Bye bye 197 lol :tongueout:

Rant over...

lol you love it agian once its fixed and you give some beans down the country roads

lol but if you do get rid i want first dibs on your diffuser lol and your recaros lol

Its all about the german 1.8 turbos lol. Thats where the mega reliable power is. Been in this french car game too long now and the 'it wouldnt be a french hot hatch if it didnt break' is getting a little tedious.

yea i know mate was tempted with an r32 before i got the 197 my mates got one of those and it goes like stink and is pure luxery inside

Yeah thats it, i've always been so into renault hot hatches i didnt even consider or test drive anything else lol :worried:

Have regretted it a few times since then...

Its all about the german 1.8 turbos lol. Thats where the mega reliable power is. Been in this french car game too long now and the 'it wouldnt be a french hot hatch if it didnt break' is getting a little tedious.

dont be under to much of an illution over audi reliability - plenty goes wrong - i know someone who works on them and he aint that complementary about soem of the stuff that goes wrong

what you have to remember is you have also been pulling your 197 apart - and doing things to it - not always a recipe for reliability that...

Lets be fair i've only increased permanent power by 15 or so bhp, and the works is done by the best company around here, no expense spared.

And this car has an easy life! Oil always checked and fresh, always allowed to warm up, never revved over 6000rpm. It only has 6000miles on the clock lol.

Besides have you ever sat in a new audi, it drives like a limo. None of this kangarooing nonsense and trim creaking.

I am getting a TTS or RS next, nice place to be

and you can tune a S3 or TTS to 360Bhp easy and still get more MPg then a 197.

I neither think they are over priced or over rated with the best interiors of any make.
Depends what you are after I guess.

The newer the car the less reliable it is IMO.

Gfs mk2 clio has been faultless for 4 years and counting now. only cost us 2k

The 197 is not a car for anybody,it's special.

If you don't like it because it has shown a few problems,then you don't deserve it.

You don't just drive a 197, you work it.

Despite the couple of issues iv had with mine I wouldn't/couldn't change it. I haven't been able to enjoy it for the past month and a bit due to a whiplash injury but I took it out over the weekend and drove it hard - loved every minute and have fallen in love with it all over again! I had been looking into other options the past couple of weeks but it soon stopped!

Just get out and drive! :thumbup:

I'm currently looking for an R32 to replace mine. Well into my forties now and need to grow up a bit!

That and the fact that every time it snows I have to leave the Clio down the road, due to it's inability to go up a hill in inclement weather! :@!