Extra Stripey Gordini - Recaro pics added

My dad is ~17 stone and about 6'2" and he fitted (wedged) into my Recaro's perfectly fine the other weekend when we took a jolly to Brands Hatch. I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine. You may want to get some resistors to sort out the airbag light when you fit the new seats. Unless you know someone who can get rid of them with software?

Yes getting people in them isn't the problem, it's how to get them out!!!

Nice one Simon, not afraid of throwing some £££ at he beast :smile:

Yes getting people in them isn't the problem, it's how to get them out!!!

Nice one Simon, not afraid of throwing some £££ at he beast :smile:
Wouldn't say it's a lack of fear but more an act of stupidity and financial recklessness :smile: Speaking of which I just spoke to a really good interior trimmer and bugger me it's going to be expensive work :worried:

Sounds ideal, may keep one in the glove box for if I get lucky :wink: "Fitted and removed in seconds, prevents water, grease, dirt and hairs getting to the delicate fabrics." Could have done with one of those for an Evo I had years ago, the passenger seat was giving off a right pong from one girl I was seeing :wink: Seriously though, may get one so thanks for the link :smile:

Would it not be cheaper retrimming the rear to match the recaros? or getting a new rear bench from someone (must be loads kicking about as people with cages get rid)

Then you could get the harness plastic insert painted to match the rest of your interior?

Would it not be cheaper retrimming the rear to match the recaros? or getting a new rear bench from someone (must be loads kicking about as people with cages get rid)

Then you could get the harness plastic insert painted to match the rest of your interior?
Yes but I like the leather rather than cloth. Rather than a full retrim of front and back seats I may go for matching the fronts to the rear. Sounds strange but I think it may look nice :smile: Don't worry SprayShack will be kept busy :wink:

Chris's idea is not bad at all Simon..a cheaper option..but if you like leather then its tough..any pics of the Recaros yet??

i'd love to know how much people have spent on their cars during their ownership (just roughly)
bet we would be surprised what we could have had for that kind of money

i'd love to know how much people have spent on their cars during their ownership (just roughly)
bet we would be surprised what we could have had for that kind of money

Yep you're right there Pav....I think it would scare a few people if they totaled it all up! I used to keep track of what I spent on fuel, however I quickly gave up that idea :smiley:

Yes very true about the money thing. Sure you could have got a better bigger faster car for the price that'd you've spent, but then you'd want to do the mods to them also, which on more expensive cars mods are also more expensive!!

Either way you look at it, cars are an expensive item to own, especially when owning one is a hobby as well! We all know this though when we buy one, it's just all part of the process! Some parts are easier to stomach than others though!

Sorry guys just arrived up at the in-laws in Halifax so been offline. Nightmare journey, I hate the M25 and M1 on a Friday!

I don't even want to think what I've spent in this car in the 4+ months I've had it! Still, I don't plan to sell it so it's a bit irrelevant over a long term. I never make sound car decisions anyhow! I do love the Clio though and it makes me smile whenever I see it.

I normally land somewhere on middle ground. I see trimming the rear bench is a great idea and it would bring together the front seats. But it would annoy me that the steering wheel and gear gaiter didn't match. In an ideal world I would love to fully retrim all seats, the door panels, headlining, etc but I can't justify the cost. Hence I think I will land at somewhere in the middle at a front seat retrim.

Same goes for my splitter. I don't really have time working on the house and with 5 kids to paint it myself (and the finish would most likely annoy me and not last). £100 for a carbon dip didn't seem that much and I probably would have spent not far off that having a body shop paint it black. I will also carbon dip the diffuser and front bumper rather than fit the real carbon items I would like ideally like. Can't justify £1600 but under £200 is ok to me.

Thus I guess my approach is normally to do as much as I can at the best value.

I don't worry about so-called better cars now. I've had nice cars, you can't use them in the road anymore as you'd get locked up. The Clio is as much fun as I need now in car terms and I think there are worse vices to spend my money on :smile:

nicely put Simon..think you are right though..you buy a more powerful car and your driving licence bites the dust...obviously all within the limits..thats why these should be tracked..get them all done up and take them to a track..thats where they shine...
hope all ok at your in laws :excited:

Oh yeh, I forgot I made a 10 second mod today before I set off oop north... Obligatory stubby aerial. Bet the radio will work crap, but who cares I never use it :smile:
IMG_20161014_141253_zps37kive0r.jpg