Extra Stripey Gordini - Recaro pics added

Thanks. It is an off the shelf non Renault job :wink: RDX race design make them but they come in a horrible unfinished black PU which I thought might come up ok with a bit of autoglym bumper care. Decided to have it carbon dipped instead.
Looks brilliant. Was thinking of just getting the RS one from rpd but seeing yours has got me thinking:shocked:

Thanks all. Been naughty today (no Antonio Banderas films involved) and agreed to buy a pair of Recaros. Have a long trek to go and get them but it will be worth it. Two problems as I see it (i) my lardy arse may not fit and (ii) they don't go with my interior. Latter problem is east to fix with a retrim but the first worries me a bit...

old fashioned chin spoiler for 197. Bits of mine are still embedded in a rabbit from 3 weeks ago

Attachments

• IMG_0071.PNG
    IMG_0071.PNG
    481.1 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: sevenfourate
Thanks all. Been naughty today (no Antonio Banderas films involved) and agreed to buy a pair of Recaros. Have a long trek to go and get them but it will be worth it. Two problems as I see it (i) my lardy arse may not fit and (ii) they don't go with my interior. Latter problem is east to fix with a retrim but the first worries me a bit...

YOU ARE ON-IT ! Single-minded, focused and committed doesn't come close :smile:

When you going to get the seats buddy ?

Reactions: Gordini
YOU ARE ON-IT ! Single-minded, focused and committed doesn't come close :smile:

When you going to get the seats buddy ?
Thanks mate. We're at a christening this weekend but will try to collect next week. Have ideas for the design but not found anyone to put into practice yet. Obviously want to match the rears too.

Good work on the Recaros! There will be no worrying once you have them fitted and you take a pew!
I do like the standard seats but my wife thinks they're crap. This, and showing the Mrs the Porsche ones for 10x the price, enabled me to get some :smile: TBH I was also sick of reading everywhere that they were a must when I didn't have them :wink: Just hope I can get my arse back out!

Reactions: Jimmy
excuse me..somebody was picking on me for buying all the cheap stuff for my baby??think sir Simon beats me in every way :thumb:
btw i think you carbon fiber friend missed a bit in the right hand corner(which obviously wouldnt happen to me) :tongueclosed::tongueclosed:
it does look great Simon..may have missed that but how much did you pay for the splitter??
do they do any for a 197's too?

way to go mate..wouldnt a pair of diff seats be a tad cheaper than Recaros??

excuse me..somebody was picking on me for buying all the cheap stuff for my baby??think sir Simon beats me in every way :thumb:
btw i think you carbon fiber friend missed a bit in the right hand corner(which obviously wouldnt happen to me) :tongueclosed::tongueclosed:
it does look great Simon..may have missed that but how much did you pay for the splitter??
do they do any for a 197's too?

way to go mate..wouldnt a pair of diff seats be a tad cheaper than Recaros??
Thanks Pav. Photos aren't great but he's dipped all the bits you can see and more. The splitter was £135 from eBay inc postage. Can't see it listed now (there's one for about £200 posted). If people are interested I can contact him about a group buy. Yep they do them for the 197 too https://rdx.de/de/produktuebersicht...rs-frontlippe-front-ansatz-vorne-spoilerlippe
There are cheaper seats than the recaros but there wasn't much in it TBH for a second hand pair.

Reactions: Pav
good good mate..glad you are getting things done at a pace you like..thanks for the link..

Last edited:
Very nice but the one on the germn site does not have the Reno sport badging? Am i missing something here, this thread is a tad misleading as we've had a lot of ass talking and no pictures? :smiley:

Very nice but the one on the germn site does not have the Reno sport badging? Am i missing something here, this thread is a tad misleading as we've had a lot of ass talking and no pictures? :smiley:
Renaultsport badging is some vinyl stickers in black from eBay which have then been lacquered over :smile:

My dad is ~17 stone and about 6'2" and he fitted (wedged) into my Recaro's perfectly fine the other weekend when we took a jolly to Brands Hatch. I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine. You may want to get some resistors to sort out the airbag light when you fit the new seats. Unless you know someone who can get rid of them with software?

My dad is ~17 stone and about 6'2" and he fitted (wedged) into my Recaro's perfectly fine the other weekend when we took a jolly to Brands Hatch. I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine. You may want to get some resistors to sort out the airbag light when you fit the new seats. Unless you know someone who can get rid of them with software?
Thanks for the confirmation and airbag tips. I can probably get them turned off in the software but will look into some resistors if not :smile:

Wow thanks for the link. That's a tad cheaper than the ones recaro do. Recaro tax is high! :smile: Will get some ordered.