Expensive forged Nimbus Turbo !

I was forced to buy this car a few months ago after my 172 blew up and caught fire on the m3 I've planned to have a turbo 197 since I was about 17 I actually brought most of the parts including engine box de cat down pipe loom gear box and linkages k tec boost pipe kit before I brought the car I'm not removing anything off the car till I'm sure I have every piece I need for the conversion I should have all the parts by the end of the week so hopefully can start the conversion early jan.

its my daily driver so it needs to be reasonably comfortable so I won't be stripping it out and caging etc I have a Motorsport Williams for that sort of thing my plans for it is really the meg engine a box with an LSD stage 1 I think will leave me with around 270 bhp and a good Tourqe figure needs to be pretty low I'm told kw coil overs are pretty good I need some of those sexy f1 seats I despise my wheels so I fancy some cup wheels or maybe 200wheels my other problem is the colour seen as I had to rush buy the car I only had £4000 to spend so had to compromise on colour I like bright colours blue green yellow etc I had to settle for I think it's nimbus grey :l but I brought a good one 40,000 miles feels tight as a drum so I fancy dressing up the extirior a bit I quite fancy some f1 stickers ill probably get slated for putting them on but it's just to plain .

i went turbo as it really suits my driving style I love a tourqey car ever since I drove my Williams for the first time back when I was 18 and I really think the 197 could do with the extra grunt no offence to the other n/a 197 owners but I find it quite slow any way I'm not very good with computers and technology but ill try and up load some pics of my completely standard car now enjoy

Forgot to say I plan to do it on a tight budget to show (or at least try to )that you don't have to spend alot to do this conversion I've spent £5000 so far including buying the car for £4000

Forgot to say I plan to do it on a tight budget to show (or at least try to )that you don't have to spend alot to do this conversion I've spent £5000 so far including buying the car for £4000

My conversion didn't end up costing me a penny, so it can definitely be done when you get stuck in by yourself. Best of luck

Looks good to me. Nimbus is a lovely colour, certainly not boring!

See Simo's for inspiration, love the look of his.

Maybe not boring but defiantly a bit plain for me I could of almost defiantly done it for free if I had brought a donor car although that is an option for me for many it isn't due to space etc my problem is I originally brought that engine for my Williams and had it in and running however I wasn't happy with a lot of stuff so it stood around for a long time until I decided it was a bad idea and a 172 turbo engine was a much better idea for the Williams as it fits a lot easier leaving the engine free for the 197 makes so much more sense I hope to have it done very quickly and very cheaply I'm really struggling to find a ecu for the conversion it's been really holding me up if I sold my 225 gearbox that would help to free up some cash too

thanks for the replys

These are the only pics I have ill get more wish I new how to make the pics bigger

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 240
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 268
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 224
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 217
If you link your pics from an external website instead of uploading them to the post you can control the image size :smile:

Maybe not boring but defiantly a bit plain for me I could of almost defiantly done it for free if I had brought a donor car although that is an option for me for many it isn't due to space etc my problem is I originally brought that engine for my Williams and had it in and running however I wasn't happy with a lot of stuff so it stood around for a long time until I decided it was a bad idea and a 172 turbo engine was a much better idea for the Williams as it fits a lot easier leaving the engine free for the 197 makes so much more sense I hope to have it done very quickly and very cheaply I'm really struggling to find a ecu for the conversion it's been really holding me up if I sold my 225 gearbox that would help to free up some cash too

thanks for the replys
I have ecus and can programand can also do loom for you depending on your budget