Expensive quote for paint work?

The panel behind the front number plate on my 200 was painted Albi Blue by the previous owner. I would like it put back to standard and painted black.

I have been quoted £150 plus VAT by a local body shop just to prepare and paint the panel if I take it in to them, or £350 plus VAT for them to remove bumper, panel etc, prepare and paint, then reassemble.

Both of these sound well expensive to me, even just the paint option.

Anyone know of somewhere which could do a good job of preparing and painting the panel for a more realistic price?

Thanks,
Dave.

I know a great bodyshop but I'm in Northern Ireland and I've no idea where about in the country you are.

However £150 doesn't sound way out, maybe a tad expensive but not to far out. The £350 quote does sound very expensive though, considering a bumper can be taken off in 20-30 mins.

The quote just to paint sounds fine, the removal and paint quote sounds extortionate. It doesn't take that long to remove anything on the Clio.... Sometimes they remove themselves :smiley:

The over-quote on the fitting is because they don't want to do it / don't have the time to do it so they'll price you out of it so you take it off yourself and "save" the £200.

Painting price doesn't seem too bad though

dredd123

smithandroper would do a fantastic job, i've used him many times and his work is flawless first time. Oh and i'm not the only one on here to say so.

dredd123

smithandroper would do a fantastic job, i've used him many times and his work is flawless first time. Oh and i'm not the only one on here to say so.

i second that - they did my 197 diffuser gloss black and it was a fantastic job :jase2:

If you want a post and return quote from us , drop us a PM, we couldnt possibly quote without knowing its paint / general condition. Either way unless you want layers of paint which will be more prone to chipping and when it does chip will show blue, you'll want it properly stripping, repriming in a black primer then painting black.

Cheers,
Simon @ SS