evens halshaw are F***ing cowboys

jase

Founder
Platinum Member
Rant Time.!!!

absolutely steaming with anger at evens halshaw sheffield.

evens halshaw renault sheffield have damaged my front bumper on their ramps while attempting to mot the car.

they said they would repair it to a standard where that im happy with it, but today the have tried to do a smart repair and you can see where they have blended the paint work, and are now saying thats all they are prepared to do.

the bumper is an R26 on a megCC. the paint work on the bumper was unmarked as it not been on long and i dont use the car that much.
im not expecting a new bumper but they will never get the paint work looking right with a patch repair.
i would like the front bumper respraying but they are refusing.

to say im p155ed is an understatement.

Sorry to hear that pal, such a simple job you would think as the must put cars on and off ramps allday everyday!

Surely it wouldnt cost them much to re-spray the whole bumper? They damaged it so they pay for it!

Jase, I had problems with Evans Halshaw in Stourbridge (near Dudley) not long ago. They're terrible, but their complaints department are very good. A quick phone call and I got my deposit back the next day. If they won't do anything after you talk to the dealer, get on to the complaints department.

they say best they will do is have another go at blending it :worried:

tell them no!

it will be a waste of time and money (thiers) you will only be happy when it is returned to its "original" condition BEFORE the mot damage...

..it wasnt YOUR neglect it was theres - they are insured for accidents so they need to put it back as it was!!!!

Jase, I had problems with Evans Halshaw in Stourbridge (near Dudley) not long ago. They're terrible, but their complaints department are very good. A quick phone call and I got my deposit back the next day. If they won't do anything after you talk to the dealer, get on to the complaints department.

you got the phone number arran please.?

tell them no!

it will be a waste of time and money (thiers) you will only be happy when it is returned to its "original" condition BEFORE the mot damage...

..it wasnt YOUR neglect it was theres - they are insured for accidents so they need to put it back as it was!!!!

+1.

Their fault, not yours.

If they weren't comfotable with how low it was then they shouldn't have put it on the ramp.

My 182s experience with evans halshaw
http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16791

When i spoke to them, they were very aggressive with their customer service and no help whatsoever, then again i didnt think much of ruk's 'support' either, but then again i never have had from ruk, and ive got snother battle with them coming up over window regulators for the r26

If you phone your insurance, do they not then start legal to lodge an insurance claim for you?

If you phone your insurance, do they not then start legal to lodge an insurance claim for you?

Probably at a cost to your no claims, or you'll keep your no claims but have the premiums go up by becoming more of an insurance 'risk.'

If they absolutely refuse the small claims court is the best answer. You can find some good threads over at Pistonheads on the best approach to take. Are you in a position to photograph the stages? Original, damage, repair?

Gather all the evidence you can including what was exactly said on what day.

if they are now denying it you have no chance.....

Under duress i would take it away & get it done elsewhere tell them you are going to publish as much bad press as you can about them on every forum including writing to RUK

thats as much as you can do-

S