Engine movement

Posting just to keep up to date with this thread. Seem's likely I'll be getting engine mounts changed on mine Friday next week along with Gearbox Oil change. I'll be going with OEM mounts.

I should be changing my dog bone/lower torque link later today, I will post some pics up along with my findings

the oil filed mount is the main engine mount that supports the drivers side to the chassis.

i only fitted one of the two inserts into the lower torque mount. seems to be enough for my driving style

Reactions: Gibbo
i have just fitted upper torque mount and upper engine mount insert and the car changed into what i would call a sherman tank. there is too much vibration for my liking and now there is rattles at different engine speeds. the rear view mirror blurs at certain speeds when driving , vibrations on wing mirror and blurring, you can feel vibe in the seat,.

Done mine, i think it's ace :smile:

I have the three Powerflex mounts/inserts fitted. They are very 'vibey' at first but do bed in a lot. Yes, there is still more vibration than with standard mounts but nothing that's too bad . only notice it at idle though.

Last edited:
HI have a vibra technics dog bone mount on my 200, vibrates at idle but ok when driving. Better positive gear change once installed, and helps to save the manifold flexi
vibration has reduced with use but it is noticable

Update for completeness...

Replaced my torque arm engine mount with the Powerflex item this morning and its cured the jerking issue so i am very pleased. There is a slight increase in vibration at idle as reported by others but its honestly not an issue at all. Worthwhile fix for £29, word of warning the retaining collar was a bitch to remove but i got there in the end (with a screwdriver and hammer).

Reactions: antony smith
Same thing happened to mine after changing my torque arm bush for a powerflex 1 my whole dashboard started rattleing so did my sunvisors ect ive spent about 3 month trying to sort them out

I've had a small engine jerk due to play in the upper dog bone mount (I believe it's this one) so I changed it to a new OEM mount. About 100 km later (!) I opened the bonnet and had a feel, and there is a bit of play all ready!! I can't feel it when driving the car, like the last mount, but is there supposed to be absolutely no play or is a little play normal?

That is really a relief! I was thinking about replacing it with a powerflex but then there is no need! Big Thanks for your reply!

I've had a small engine jerk due to play in the upper dog bone mount (I believe it's this one) so I changed it to a new OEM mount. About 100 km later (!) I opened the bonnet and had a feel, and there is a bit of play all ready!! I can't feel it when driving the car, like the last mount, but is there supposed to be absolutely no play or is a little play normal?
has the jerk come back?

has the jerk come back?

The jerk had not come back in the sense that I cannot feel it when I drive the car, and the sound I heard before I changed the mount has also gone. However, when I just had it changed I could feel no play at all. 100 km later I could feel some play with my hand, just not a severe as before the change. It seems odd that there is some play after such a small about of miles...

From experience the mounts don't usually wear out one at a time. If you replace the top usually your would need to at least check the lower dogbone. Any shop with a lift can do it.

From experience the mounts don't usually wear out one at a time. If you replace the top usually your would need to at least check the lower dogbone. Any shop with a lift can do it.
Should I considered the top mount that I just changed ruined? The car is going to a garage in about a weeks time so I'll ask them to check the dog bone. If this is worn, should I replace the lower dog bone, and the upper one once again, or will replacing the lower one make the play in the upper mount disappear?

I doubt it's ruined. After replacing the lower. Remove the top and check it. Can be done with simple tools