End of the Evo

Sad, sad times indeed. All the decent models from a lot of car manufactures are being killed off to make way for Hybrid electric cars these days.

...thank god I have a bike licence :smiley:

Bit of a shame but can't say I didn't see it coming.

Subaru have been trying to get away from their old Rally image for years and they're not targeting BMW & VAG (according to our local dealer), upping the build quality etc. but at least they're still keeping with Boxers and forced induction for now. Albiet, a bit more ''refined''. It was only natural that Mitsubishi would eventually follow suit, but dropping the Lancer Evo' altogether seems very extreme.

That last hatch version they released was shockingly fugly though. :worried:

That's a disgrace. Are there any Mitsubishis that people will want to buy? They should think about chopping that waste of space huge old 4x4 mess that is the Shogun. They must sell like 3 a year of those or something.

bad times :worried: but i can see the logic - why produce a rally-bred road car (which would have been for homologation purposes) if you aren't a manufacturer in world rallying.

1.6 blown Colt Evo to follow?

Wouldn't surprise me, WRC is now small hatch dominant and they already have a 1.5T in the Colt...